Rawlings Fastpitch Glove Release

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And this is why I like Rawlings better than Wilson for gloves. View attachment 27369View attachment 27370
Wilson has released some insanely wild colored gloves over the past several years, but the stitching through the top of the wrist binding is absolutely the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen!

The first time I saw it, I thought a glove tech was drunk, or sewed it up in his sleep, then I found out it was done on purpose!?

On the flip side, my Orange-Tan SP125 with split welting is easily one of the nicest gloves I’ve ever handled!
6FFBC610-0931-4C36-8540-FA733A17EF6F.jpeg

Feb 10, 2023
First off, welcome aboard! And second....forget about a "fastpitch" glove and buy her a baseball glove!

What age?
What size?
What position?
What's her ability, what level is she playing at?
Tip of cap sir!

Size: She uses a Mizuno Fastpitch Classic - 11.50 currently; probably shifting to 11.75 but that is mostly because the Fastpitch side of Rawlings was limited.
Positions: Middle Infield
Ability: hate this question - but she is above average.

My main concern for baseball would be fit around the opening....

Feb 10, 2023
What are you looking for, specifically? Some exclusive gloves available from Baseball Express are HOH with Horween leather. They are the classic tan gloves you might be looking for. A custom is always an option, so your daughter can design her own glove to the specs she wants. I can certainly help you with the price, but just be aware Rawlings is about 6-8 weeks on custom Heart of The Hide gloves right now.
Yeah - I would prefer that color pattern but they don't have any in 11.75 unfortunately. Good tip though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood