Ragin Cajun Fans Sing National Anthem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
There's something about a crowd full of people singing the Star Spangled Banner that always brings a tear to my eye. I think it was meant to be sung by the masses, not one person showboating it. Once before a Girls BBall game in High School, the AD couldn't get the tape to work. He tried for several minutes. Finally, the student section started singing the Anthem. The whole crowd joined in. The AD looked relieved. Of course, there always has to be that one person who thinks everything high school kids do is disrespectful, and they complained about it. Seriously. Ugh.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
There's something about a crowd full of people singing the Star Spangled Banner that always brings a tear to my eye. I think it was meant to be sung by the masses, not one person showboating it. Once before a Girls BBall game in High School, the AD couldn't get the tape to work. He tried for several minutes. Finally, the student section started singing the Anthem. The whole crowd joined in. The AD looked relieved. Of course, there always has to be that one person who thinks everything high school kids do is disrespectful, and they complained about it. Seriously. Ugh.

Something i always found touching-- When the neighborbood elementary school opened, it started a big housing boom by the school. Not long afterwards they built apartments across the street from the school. I noticed an American flag flying from the top of the construction site, but wasn't sure why.

Well, that school would broadcast the PA system outside of the school at the beginning and end of the day, so parents and students outside could hear announcements.

One day I was a little late getting the kids to school. The school was broadcasting the Pledge of Alegance. The construction workers were all facing their flag, with their hats off and over their hearts.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
6a00d83451be8f69e2017c31dbc4a5970b-800wi

I...it's coming through....I'm seeing clearly now....a Cajun run rule!

Jun 18, 2010
Unbelievable inning. ULL walks in 5 runs to allow Auburn to tie 10-10 in the bottom of the 7th.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-22%20at%204.44.44%20PM_zpsyqr3shbc.png

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Holy sheeeeeeet. I was hanging out in the driveway talking to some friends assuming the Cajuns won....then....KNightsb HAS to text me....wasn't even sure he was talking about UL vs AUburn. I'm thinking this has to be done. Omg! Like he said, you would do better just throwing it over the plate and trusting your defense.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I wish I was otherwise occupied at the time. I like that Loteif believes in is pitcher but man that was brutal to watch her look at the dugout after every ball just hoping for relief. And then to put the reliever in with no room for error. I hate to say it but that was simply horrible coaching from a guy I admire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore