Ragin Cajun Fans Sing National Anthem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
So many people feel this way. It's like ULL NIMBY. I want them to win it all as long as they don't have to go through UCLA or Oregon.

I'm with you on this except they can take out the Bruins. Lotief looks more like a dad of one of the players not the coach. He seems like he would be a great guy to play for,laid back and relaxed.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
ULL and LSU in the finals!
Disclaimer - I haven't looked at the brackets to see if that is possible yet.

As far as the anthem.... There is a nation wide attack on patriotism going on. Glad to see the ULL fans took a stance.

May 6, 2012
Texas
I can't get enough of this program they are true fans who pack there stands and show respect to the players and coaches of the game. It so awesome to see this in the world we live in. Hope they keep it up and other programs learn from it.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
ULL and LSU in the finals!
Disclaimer - I haven't looked at the brackets to see if that is possible yet.

As far as the anthem.... There is a nation wide attack on patriotism going on. Glad to see the ULL fans took a stance.

A nation wide attack on patriotism may be a bit of an exaggeration, or it may not. I won't debate the point.

However, the great Chinese philosopher Confucius, 551–479 BC, taught and wrote during the Warring States period, when the end of Chinese civilization seemed quite possible.

Confucius greatly stressed the importance of ritual, and the preservation of a society's rituals. That is how a people and a culture survive.

Partly because of the influence of the Confucians, Chinese rituals have survived thousands of years, despite the attempts of a few rulers, most recently Mao Zedong, to wipe out the old traditions.

If you look through history, the best way to destroy a people has been to destroy their rituals and traditions.

No matter what one may think of the Star Spangled Banner, and I will admit it is too difficult a song for me to sing without getting every cat and dog within a 10 mile radius to howl in agony, it has become a tradition to sing the National Anthem before ball games. The ULL fans just showed WHY this is important.

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ

Maybe. But it's also quite common in a tournament to only play the Anthem before the first game.
This was the third game of the day.

(Still a great job by the fans)

Jun 11, 2013
Out of all the tournaments we every played the only place we heard the national anthem was in Stockton,CA. Even the
gunshots stopped while the played it:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore