Ragin Cajun Fans Sing National Anthem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
LAFAYETTE, La. - Fans attending the NCAA softball regional championship in Louisiana were told there were no plans to play the National Anthem before the first pitch. Well, they weren’t happy about it so they sang it themselves.

It was announced that because it was the third game of the day in Lafayette, La., the National Anthem would not be played before the matchup between Louisiana-Lafayette and Baylor, according to the Ragin’ Cajun Report .

After some failed attempts to get the stadium to play the National Anthem, fans took it upon themselves to sing it. You can see even the players stop their warm-up in observance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 7, 2011
I think there is some HUGE "class" going on down there in ULL-land.

I also loved the standing-O that the crowd gave Baylor’s Stearns when she just wore-out and had to be taken out. That's class. (versus some SEC venues where they sarcastically count the steps for the pitcher taken out until they disappear into the dugout when these classy fans yell "Sit-Down". I chuckled originally but it DOES show a lack of respect and class to these warriors)

I would just LOVE to have my transferring DD to land at a place with that kind of culture.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Love the team, love the coach, love the fans. I hope ULL goes all the way this year. My wife has been hot on them for a couple of years now, even wanted to send DD#1 down there to check out the campus. I couldn't bear to have her so far away, but I'm beginning to understand why my wife is so passionate about their program. Go Cajuns!

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
While I don't think my DD will be what the Cajuns are looking for in a player in 4-5 years (hoping I'm wrong) if she is ever offered by them and the same leadership is in place it will be a near no brainer.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I feel the same way about this program. I just wish they were not heading to Auburn for the super. I would love to see them advance but not by beating the my Tigers.

Feb 3, 2011
Time constraints? That's a weak excuse, IMO. Here's to the fans and players who said "hey, it's a harmless custom that WE like and since it's OUR game, we're going to observe it whether you like it or not - your broadcast can wait".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore