Rachel Garcia - Analysis of Right Leg AFTER Push off - Leg Adduction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
That capture is late - she clearly brushes which triggers pronation into release. Your capture is part of follow through since the ball is gone.
Clearly? I don't see how you cay make that statement with such confidence given the angle.

May 21, 2018
That capture is late - she clearly brushes which triggers pronation into release. Your capture is part of follow through since the ball is gone.
Looks to me like there is space between her arm and lat/thigh. Obviously hard to tell from this angle and maybe there is some brush, but it doesn't look like much. From the 18 second mark to around the 29 second mark of the video in Ken's post I'm not seeing much brush at all. It looks like her arm works around her body.

I'm not anti-brush by any means just not seeing much here.

1639588511785.png

Jul 19, 2021
Is it the brush or the good posture that causes the brush that is the main reason for success? Can't have one without the other. So what came first the chicken or the egg?

Jan 6, 2018
Looks to me like there is space between her arm and lat/thigh. Obviously hard to tell from this angle and maybe there is some brush, but it doesn't look like much. From the 18 second mark to around the 29 second mark of the video in Ken's post I'm not seeing much brush at all. It looks like her arm works around her body.

I'm not anti-brush by any means just not seeing much here.

View attachment 24643
Again - the ball is gone. The other posters keep showing he arm behind her hip before release. Keep in mind her hand is moving over 60 MPH or roughly 90 feet per second. There's no way for her arm to "get around" her hip moving that fast.

Jan 6, 2018
Is it the brush or the good posture that causes the brush that is the main reason for success? Can't have one without the other. So what came first the chicken or the egg?
Posture leads to brush. If the ball is moving on a plane and the hips are in the "correct" place, the forearm has to brush or the ball can't release toward the target.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom