Question for the group

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My first thought was a muscle imbalance (like DonnyS suggested) and certainly wouldn't rule out a prior injury that may have gone unnoticed and therefore not properly or completely rehabbed. A full workup and exam by a good sports doc is probably the best route to take.

Jun 8, 2016
Apologies Shiloh. You are right, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. That was wrong of me, and I am not being my normal sarcastic self here. I'm sorry.

Please don't cancel me. LOL, ok that part was sarcasm. But I am sorry, truly.
@Shiloh is going to have a bot friend soon...

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
This may seem silly but does she use a book bag and carry it over that shoulder all the time? We had a player with back issues once that was basically carrying her whole locker in her book bag so she would not be late to class. After we convinced her to lighten the load her back loosened up. When you are looking for any reason that may be one.

Jul 31, 2015
Apologies Shiloh. You are right, I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. That was wrong of me, and I am not being my normal sarcastic self here. I'm sorry.

You're cancelled. ;)

Jul 31, 2015

OTOH, maybe I'll just report you to the moderator....😂😂

Jun 19, 2020
DD had something similar. She is 15 happened between school ball and the summer travel season. She had taken a few weeks off from pitching and was lifting her typical 4-5 days a week during her pitching break. We pitched for a few days and her glove side shoulder really bothered her. As we started looking at it and feeling around it was a muscle that knotted up behind her shoulder. We hit it with the massage gun and heat. She also spent time in the hot tub, and 2 days later she was good to go. Her glove doesn't swim anymore so like you we were able to rule that out. We always use j bands to stretch. However we were not disciplined, following that incident we use them every time we pitch before and typically 30 min after.

Jan 28, 2017
This may seem silly but does she use a book bag and carry it over that shoulder all the time? We had a player with back issues once that was basically carrying her whole locker in her book bag so she would not be late to class. After we convinced her to lighten the load her back loosened up. When you are looking for any reason that may be one.
TOS was a problem for the military carrying their gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802