Quest for pitching knowledge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
Hard to tell from that picture it is very blurry.
giphy.gif

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
For some reason I’ve seen quite a few IR pitchers who have their hand in this position at the same time. Interesting. My dd is one of them. I’d also say it’s probably facing 3B more than it is palm down.
Check the video of these same pitchers at 8 o’clock. Everything resets to elbow leading and palm upish going into release.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Shawn,
I’d be glad to buzz up your way to spend time working out with any of your pitchers. I’ve studied under/with John, Rick, Mike (javasource) and would love to chat about pitching. Please call or text me at 360-566-5958. Weekends are best, but Tuesday and Friday evenings are also options.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I heard great things about Austin's HLT for overhand but not much about how well it worked for softball pitching. I actually purchased the program in Sept, but my daughter had some arm issues before we started it. (TOS and Cubical tunnel syndrome) Finished PT and is back to throwing again. With limited time before the season starts, trying to determine what would be best to spend our time on.
My DD has used the High Level Pitching (HLP) program through Rugged Softball and Coach Jenn for the past 2+ years. It definitely uses the foundation of HLT but specific to pitching movements. It focuses on learning strong positions and leveraging, which coincidentally feel more comfortable to the body. Definite emphasis on action and reaction forces.

Jul 31, 2019
My DD has used the High Level Pitching (HLP) program through Rugged Softball and Coach Jenn for the past 2+ years. It definitely uses the foundation of HLT but specific to pitching movements. It focuses on learning strong positions and leveraging, which coincidentally feel more comfortable to the body. Definite emphasis on action and reaction forces.
Was there a noticeable improvement?

Jul 19, 2021
As a matter of fact I just went to the optometrist yesterday and happy to report all is well with my vision. You, however, might want to see a proctologist soon.
lol! Thank goodness there's someone left here with a sense of humor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478