Purple Hand

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Update. Talked with some people a lot smarter than me about my DD and they suggested to see a really good sports chiropractor. Found one that was pretty close. He checked her and said her clavicle and 1st rib was stuck. He worked on her for about 5 minutes and she felt better instantly. Only been a week but no purple hand, no knots, and no popping noises. She said she is healed. We have thrown 3x and had a 3 hour practice today. Praying!

Nov 8, 2018
Update. Talked with some people a lot smarter than me about my DD and they suggested to see a really good sports chiropractor. Found one that was pretty close. He checked her and said her clavicle and 1st rib was stuck. He worked on her for about 5 minutes and she felt better instantly. Only been a week but no purple hand, no knots, and no popping noises. She said she is healed. We have thrown 3x and had a 3 hour practice today. Praying!

If I remember correctly we discussed TOS etc which involves clavicle and first rib many moons ago. I hope this tx works for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2017
If I remember correctly we discussed TOS etc which involves clavicle and first rib many moons ago. I hope this tx works for her.

I think you are a lot smarter than me and I should have listened the first time. Thank you for your help. Just praying it works. We are going back to the sports chiropractor on Tuesday. She is a happy kid at the moment. Makes me wonder if she was hurting and not telling me.

Jan 28, 2017

DD was throwing 53 to 55 in April. Had dropped down to 52 most of the time. Tonight at lessons 55/56. She said my neck isn't throbbing when looking at the computer anymore. Baby you never told me that. I thought it was normal. She said, I'm about to start dominating. LOL. Praying she keeps feeling good. Unless she starts having symptoms this will be my last post on this thread. Ty everyone that helped out.

Nov 8, 2018
Tango do you remember this post way back in the beginning. ?
I’m so happy you got the right help.

Jan 28, 2017
Tango do you remember this post way back in the beginning. ?
I’m so happy you got the right help.

Yes, I do and I continued to tell each doctor that I thought she hurt her neck and still could not move it correctly. Each doctor seemed to ignore the neck issue. I was not ready to accept your hand maybe blue the rest of your life. I understand that she may still may have issues but we finally got her to the correct person. Thank you! Obviously, I didn't know how to fix the problem but your post helped me keep bringing up that her neck seemed to be the problem. Also, talked with one of the pitching gurus and he suggested to see a good sports chiropractor too. Not sure if I'm supposed to post his name in the forum but he was very helpful also. Finding the correct person to see was hard especially with her having a cyst inside her spinal cord (Syringomyelia). Thanks so much again!

Nov 8, 2018
Yes, I do and I continued to tell each doctor that I thought she hurt her neck and still could not move it correctly. Each doctor seemed to ignore the neck issue. I was not ready to accept your hand maybe blue the rest of your life. I understand that she may still may have issues but we finally got her to the correct person. Thank you! Obviously, I didn't know how to fix the problem but your post helped me keep bringing up that her neck seemed to be the problem. Also, talked with one of the pitching gurus and he suggested to see a good sports chiropractor too. Not sure if I'm supposed to post his name in the forum but he was very helpful also. Finding the correct person to see was hard especially with her having a cyst inside her spinal cord (Syringomyelia). Thanks so much again!

Keep that area clean. Ie not jammed. Clavicle, first rib, lower neck. So important. You see what it can do and most have no clue.
So happy for your dd.

Jan 28, 2017
Seeing a lot of post on TOS and thought I would give an update. DD hasn’t had any issues since being adjusted by the sport’s chiropractor. After getting adjusted she went out threw 34 of 38 innings without anyone getting on base. Basically missed last summer and fall due to COVID-19. Plays her first varsity game on Tuesday as a 14 year old. Not a flame thrower but is healthy.

Nov 8, 2018
Seeing a lot of post on TOS and thought I would give an update. DD hasn’t had any issues since being adjusted by the sport’s chiropractor. After getting adjusted she went out threw 34 of 38 innings without anyone getting on base. Basically missed last summer and fall due to COVID-19. Plays her first varsity game on Tuesday as a 14 year old. Not a flame thrower but is healthy.

Glad she’s doing great.
Varsity at 14. Wow. Good luck. Hope she kills it.

DD finally hitting 50’s. 54 recently.

Jan 28, 2017
Update info and parent brag- DD finished her varsity season with and 8-2 record, 2.70 era, no hitter, 4 shut outs, 6 games a run or less, Won the game to go to state with a 1 hitter and won 1-0. Great year. Turned 16 in April.

First tournament after the season rolled her ankle and then the other one walking. Had the head athletic trainer check her for braces and when doing his assessment said my god. Then checked her elbow and then around her body. He said, she has what we call Global Laxity (all joints are extremely loose). He was heavily involved when her hand was turning purple and said, I can't believe we all missed this. He feels like this had a lot to do with her muscles pressing on her nerves and so on. Just thought it was interesting and something to look for if your DD is having any issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28