Prom season is almost over....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Every weekend for the last month we have been missing 2-3 girls for proms. Glad prom season is over and we can get back to focusing on softball!
Prom season.jpg

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We have another week to go but it doesn't make much difference since the girls aren't aloud to play or practice organized ball outside of HS when HS ball is in season.

Nov 1, 2013
Let it go! Let them have their teen years. If adults make softball a "full time" job...they will learn to hate it.

Give them a break and let them enjoy life.

After watching two daughters attempt to balance life as a teen playing sports and attempting to have a variety in their social life...and now watching a granddaughter play three sports in HS and still get to school social activities...if I had to do it again as a Dad, coach, parent...I would "let it go."

Suck it up Coaches and Parents...they are teen only for so long.

Been there and would do it differently if I could.

Signed,

Former softball coach; NCAA; ASA; High School (NFHS) umpire; Dad; Grandpa

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
They grow up so fast, let them enjoy it and make some memories, because the last thing they will remember is how many games they won in summer ball or high school.

Nov 16, 2015
This is one thing that has impressed me the most about our TB organization is how supportive they are of other interests of students. About a month ago i heard a girl tell the 16's coach that she wouldnt be at the next 4 Monday practices bc of track meets. his response, run fast! If you can find some time to get some extra work in great. Last night, one of the girls told us she was skipping the most prestigious track meet in the state to play softball. Our coach was disappointed in that decision as he thought she should run track! Every girl on our team plays between 2-4 sports. I really like the balance it provides. No pressure to drop anything and focus on softball. When you are here, you get to work, but we wont pressure you to get here. We know that when school gets out, softball will be the primary sport.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This is one thing that has impressed me the most about our TB organization is how supportive they are of other interests of students. About a month ago i heard a girl tell the 16's coach that she wouldnt be at the next 4 Monday practices bc of track meets. his response, run fast! If you can find some time to get some extra work in great. Last night, one of the girls told us she was skipping the most prestigious track meet in the state to play softball. Our coach was disappointed in that decision as he thought she should run track! Every girl on our team plays between 2-4 sports. I really like the balance it provides. No pressure to drop anything and focus on softball. When you are here, you get to work, but we wont pressure you to get here. We know that when school gets out, softball will be the primary sport.

TB coaches are pretty understanding about conflicts and support their players in all of their endeavors. HS coaches practice 6 days a week and threaten to bench players if they miss one....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13