pro-nun-ci-a-tion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Looks like a sweet facility too !
Our district does a great job with the softball fields even in the lower socio economic areas. DD's field isn't quite as nice as this one. We actually live on the other side of the freeway. MHS zone is one of the wealthiest areas in all of Houston. Roger Clemens went to my HS but now lives on the other side where all of his boys went to school. You should see the baseball facilities. Holy Cow!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
You know what truly chaps my rear...Forcing the entire population to use Flosoftball, just to see what the world should be seeing, so more get into the sport. It's absolutely rediculous and a loss for the sport not being televised properly. A fukn replay on MLB network later, is an even bigger joke.

The best thing for the sport would be for Flo to go away completely.

I'm shocked they even bother to make sure the stream works. They just want your 30 bucks. They have no interest in providing a quality product.

I'm certain ESPN would be interested in those rights when they are available.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Check out what my buddy is doing for his kid's HS games. 3 different camera angles going on simultaneously. When play starts he focuses in on the CF angle and when the ball is put in play he switches to the play at 1B.

View attachment 27473
We should send that to every SID in the country (or at least in some DIII conferences I know of) and say this is the new minimum bar. Also, ask them to stop turning off the outside mic so we can hear the teams, umps, crowds, walk up songs, etc.!

Dec 11, 2010
@Tatonka that would be soooo good for the sport. It may even help bring in more players. Playing a college sport is so good for the player and it should be the goal of these schools to expand opportunities.

Sep 1, 2021
The best thing for the sport would be for Flo to go away completely.

I'm shocked they even bother to make sure the stream works. They just want your 30 bucks. They have no interest in providing a quality product.

I'm certain ESPN would be interested in those rights when they are available.
My first experience with them was watching the UCLA/OK game on MLB last night.
What a joke! If that's how they perform when they have #1 vs #2, I'd hate to see some of their other work.

Oct 4, 2018
I did HS P.A. duties for my son's BB. I at least had the courtesy to walk over to the visitors' dugout for their line-up and have someone on their team pronounce the unfamiliar names for me. It's not that hard.

Exactly. You can even just lean over and holler at their stands and get an answer.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
My first experience with them was watching the UCLA/OK game on MLB last night.
What a joke! If that's how they perform when they have #1 vs #2, I'd hate to see some of their other work.

If you want an example, I can send you a link to my HS team's Facebook live streams. I use a Galaxy phone attached to a LynkSpyder on the fence. Sometimes you'll hear random kids near the backstop giving their thoughts on the game. We're not on Flo, but we'd fit right in with the typical quality of their work.

May 21, 2018
I know a girl who pitches for the Bradley Braves. ESPN+ broadcasted her game, and they not only got her last name wrong, but also her first name.
It wasn't really just a pronunciation thing, but spelling. They had both names spelled wrong, so they referred to her wrong. :LOL: Maybe, the team was playing a joke on her and that's how they gave it to the broadcast team? Regardless, I got a nice chuckle out of it.

Sep 3, 2015
I know a girl who pitches for the Bradley Braves. ESPN+ broadcasted her game, and they not only got her last name wrong, but also her first name.
It wasn't really just a pronunciation thing, but spelling. They had both names spelled wrong, so they referred to her wrong. :LOL: Maybe, the team was playing a joke on her and that's how they gave it to the broadcast team? Regardless, I got a nice chuckle out of it.

My DD was pitching on espn+ and the announcer just called her some other name during the middle innings. The flo game I watched this past weekend wasn’t that bad. Maybe because DD threw a 2 hit shutout. At least they got her name right the entire game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015

I went to Bradley. Back then, unless your name was Hersey Hawkins or Dick Versace, they couldn't pronounce it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2