Practices during TB Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
How much do you all practice during the TB Season? They just told us that we will practice 3 days a week. We have 10 tournaments in a row and after that it is up in the air. 2 are 4 day tournaments and one we'll be gone for probably 8 days. Do you let your DD'S rest in the 1 out 2 days they have off? DW thinks we should go to the gym on 1 day for light aerobics and stretching etc...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We practice twice during the week during the week (Tue and Thur) and on Saturday if we are not playing a tournament. In addition my DD goes to private pitching and batting lessons on Mondays.

Feb 7, 2014
I'll probably be crucified for this comment, but I think team practices are highly over rated when it comes to travel ball teams. One a week seems plenty to me.

Oct 10, 2011
I'll probably be crucified for this comment, but I think team practices are highly over rated when it comes to travel ball teams. One a week seems plenty to me.
I'd agree with that for a couple teams we've been on but I love how these coaches run practice. I just wish it wasn't 45 min away!

Apr 28, 2014
TB practice is twice per week. Add to it one night pitching per week and games on weekends.. crazy!!

Jan 14, 2015
Does your daughter play for her middle school softball team too? Mine does which makes the two travel ball practice days very long for her.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

There are different levels of TB and I think the practice frequency goes up as the level of TB goes up. I would also like to mention that most TB coaches expect their players to be taking private batting lessons and pitching/catching lessons outside of their regular practice times. If you have 12 players on a team and each one takes a 30-min lesson that is equivalent to 6 hours of practice time!

TB practices are usually voluntary and most coaching staffs are understanding when a player cannot make every practice, which is different than most HS teams, but do not expect much playing time if your DD skips every practice.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
How much do you all practice during the TB Season? They just told us that we will practice 3 days a week. We have 10 tournaments in a row and after that it is up in the air. 2 are 4 day tournaments and one we'll be gone for probably 8 days. Do you let your DD'S rest in the 1 out 2 days they have off? DW thinks we should go to the gym on 1 day for light aerobics and stretching etc...

Both of DDs teams have 1 practice a week. Usually about 3 hours. The coaches expect all the girls to do hitting/pitching/catching practice outside of team practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore