practice bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2017
I'm gonna ask here, not sure where else to ask. I have always bought a clunker or aluminum bat for my kids to use in practice for heavy balls/dimpled balls/etc vs their expensive game bat. Seem like we get more miles out of our game bat this way. My youngest just turned 17 so time to buy her last good bat for her and it will be a 34/24, and either be an LXT or Meta but I am having a hard time finding the clunker to go along with it? Would love to get some advice on this.

I'm also interested in buying from CoreSoftball20 but not sure how to go about that.

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

Dec 16, 2021
When you talk clunker, are you looking for something cheap??? Same feel? Reliability? It would be recommended to get the exact size she uses in games. Go check out Play it again sports or put out an offer on the softball bat board here what your looking for. My experience is Demarini Prisms are really durable and hard to break. Look for a used one of those it should go a long way

Jan 8, 2019
All depends on your clunker budget. Mizuno Carbon1 is a solid one-piece bat with some pretty good action (not a clunker at all)! Not nearly as expensive as the flagship models, and still a great bat, but there are definitely cheaper clunkers.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I'm gonna ask here, not sure where else to ask. I have always bought a clunker or aluminum bat for my kids to use in practice for heavy balls/dimpled balls/etc vs their expensive game bat. Seem like we get more miles out of our game bat this way. My youngest just turned 17 so time to buy her last good bat for her and it will be a 34/24, and either be an LXT or Meta but I am having a hard time finding the clunker to go along with it? Would love to get some advice on this.

I'm also interested in buying from CoreSoftball20 but not sure how to go about that.

Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!
First, LXT and the Meta are Wilson products and Wilson got rid of their smaller dealers so the big box stores they sell to can make full retail on them years ago. So Core no longer has access to Wilson. If you want an Easton, Mizuno, Rawlings, Marucci, etc. Core's your man.

As for a practice bat, you can't beat swinging the same thing in a model year or two older, especially if it's used and cheap.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Gotta figure out what you mean by clunker first. Do you want a bat that swings exactly like the one she is using? Thats a little tough
because not many bats feel like others anymore. So you might have to just pick up an old used bat of the same model.

If you are just looking to pick up a bat that isnt expensive in the same weight, then you have tons of options as just any
used composite or even the cheaper one piece new bats

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2017
Lol yes by clunker it would be a cheaper bat that is hopefully durable but mostly same size and weight. Feel isn't so important. I'll reach out to @core via text, thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse