Possible financial aid discussion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Hi there, DFP.

I was having a discussion on a different thread about financial aid for all of our children. I thought it might be a good idea to lend my expertise to this area to help lower the cost of colleges when those athletic scholarships don't quite cut it.

Here's my background. For the last 24 years, my business partner and I have been conducting financial aid nights at high schools all over NY. Most of them are in-person events, but the last two years have forced us to utilize Zoom much more frequently. Would anyone be interested in viewing the presentation to learn a little bit about how the financial aid process works? I have found that high schools are woefully inadequate in preparing students for the college planning process, and they take no heed to costs when recommending colleges to students. There's no cost for these events, so let me know what you all think. Is this a good idea?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2010
It’s a fantastic idea.

The hs guidance counselors (more than one) at DD’s hs had no idea what they were doing. It was frustrating to say the least. Well… it was frustrating for my wife who dealt with all of that!

Example: DD#2 was invited to unofficial visits as a sophomore. (Can they do that now? This was pre-rule change.)

The counselors and the rock head athletic director initially said that she couldn’t go- that “sophomores don’t do that”. Sheesh it was frustrating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101