POLL~ UMPIRE CALLING PITCHES

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Missed pitch calls for one pitcher per game.

• 3 pitches

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 6 pitches

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 9 pitches

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 12 pitches

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 15 pitches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Only 1 or 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Dec 15, 2018
CT
I'm not the one that says it. I have no idea what the criteria is for umpiring one level vs another. I barely acknowledge a bad pitch call because I don't see what they see most of the time, and umps have a hard job to do and I try my best to show them respect and thank them at the end of the game. As to my opinion on their overall quality, I keep it to myself. We've had a few doozies, such as the two working together that didn't know leaping was illegal, and the one that told us after a ridiculous call that "a walk is a dead ball in Ohio."
I get it, I was quoting your coach, but understand that’s not your view. Just found the “insult” a little ironic.

Jan 25, 2022
I get it, I was quoting your coach, but understand that’s not your view. Just found the "insult" a little ironic.

If I'm being fair...the level being coached has nothing to do with the skill of the coach. We all coach for different reasons. As umps go, like I said, I really have no idea how they're managed. I presume the assignor keeps track of complaints, etc. We've had some fantastic umps, and some that shouldn't be out there. We've never filed a complaint though, and probably never will. When the game is over, it's over. Nachos are the only thing on my mind.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
If I'm being fair...the level being coached has nothing to do with the skill of the coach. We all coach for different reasons.
the level being umpired has (little) to with the the skill of the umpire. We all umpire for different reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28