POLL~To move or Get hit by pitches~

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Get hit by pitch or no, which is your preference?

• Get hit by pitch is right thing to do get 1st base..

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Never ok to purposely get hit.

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Leaning into pitches is smart.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always make attempt to move out of way.

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Jun 8, 2016
The question could be how do you blame the batter for the Umpire not doing their job?

If you agree that laws are basically rules, then with that argument how could you blame a drunk driver, who kills somebody, when the police should have caught them before it happened?

The other question would be how do you prove that someone purposely did something versus a mistake that caused the incident?
It is a thought experiment, we are assuming the person is violating the rule knowingly..I already said that.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't think it's cheating if a batter leans/moves into the river and gets hit by a pitch and then gets awarded first base.

Think that's bad umpiring.
But umpiring fluctuates so that's what I acknowledge.

The question could be how do you blame the batter for the Umpire not doing their job?

The other question would be how do you prove that someone purposely did something versus a mistake that caused the incident?

Ok, so give me your definition of cheating since you cannot seem to answer my question and instead appear to be doing this

uQLDLIu.gif

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Ok, so what is cheating then since you cannot seem to answer my question.

Lol you already don't like the replies I've already given oh well 🤷‍♀️ here it is again

The Umpire is the person who determines violations on the field, if the Umpire is not going to apply calling a violation,
there is none.

Apr 14, 2022
😁🤔Never ever heard that argument before, but I guess you might be the one person who steps up and says
'Excuse me umpire but that wasn't a strike we actually threw that pitch in the opposite batter's box to be a ball'.
I would not do that because the rule states you cannot argue balls and strikes.😀 I have never said I would. I think I have made it clear how the example of pitcher throwing balls to get strikes is different since the player is not breaking a rule.

I would tell a player to stand in the box, a pitcher their pitch is illegal, a 14 year old cannot play in 12u, not to leave early (particularly with a single ump), to only use legal bats, etc.
I hope I am not the only one.

Jun 8, 2016
Lol you already don't like the replies I've already given oh well 🤷‍♀️ here it is again
Because you are not answering a simple question..on purpose I might add because the only person on here who likes to be control more than I do is you.. ;) Enjoy the rest of your day.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Cheating using a non-certified bat or ball.
Example illegal bats Peeling off a certification sticker and putting it on a illegal bat would be cheating.

This is how I see the situation,
Players/Coaches are always going to push every inch of a limit to get an edge on the game, the Umpire is supposed to control that limit.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Because you are not answering a simple question..on purpose I might add because the only other person on here who likes to be control more than I do is you.. ;) Enjoy the rest of your day.
Lol you just don't like my answer, no surprise enjoy

radness

Dec 13, 2019
(y)..although it is the umpire's job to police that stuff too.....😛
Yes and knowingly taking a sticker off of one bat and putting it on another is breaking a rule & hmmm 🤔 falsifying evidence. So that the Umpire couldn't use 'observational judgment' correctly.

How about this question
When Runners are leaving a base upon the pitch release and they're pushing the timing to get an edge,
if they leave the base a little early are they cheating?
What say ye' Mr. @pattar, anyone...🙂

Hmmm,🤔 in my opinion no,
they are trying to get off the base as fast as they can. It is up to the umpire's observational judgment to determine the timing of the action by the runner.

( would not be able to say if a runner was intentionally leaving early, obviously unless they were super duper trying to get out by leaving early)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802