Politics in College Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
Lol..the only one triggered in this thread was you because I didn’t play along. Bitch all you want..I’ll be fine.

Of course this is just my opinion which I should be able to give on here without being accused of telling everybody what they should do…😉
I'm confused. You say you'll be fine, but then your feelings are hurt (why else would you complain about it unless it bothered you. No one complains about things that don't bother them) because someone said you are telling people what to do.

Jun 8, 2016
I'm confused. You say you'll be fine, but then your feelings are hurt (why else would you complain about it unless it bothered you. No one complains about things that don't bother them) because someone said you are telling people what to do.
Do you just toggle the ignore button on and off for me? Keep it on to ward off your confusion..

Jun 8, 2016
By golly he can read!!!!

You didn't address the obvious contradiction but oh well.........
No contradiction. I can say I think something is unnecessary without having it ruin my day when I see it..sort of like all of your posts towards me.

May 27, 2013
Our conference awards came out the other day as well. I was surprised to see that they included post-season stats. I was also shocked to see that the freshman pitcher who led her team to the conference championship only received 2nd team (we only have first and second team). Not only did she help her team win the championship, she put up great offensive numbers, as well. Much better than the Rookie of the Year offensive stats and much better than other pitchers who made 1st team. Pitcher of the Year was a PO. Just very confusing.

ETA: Just want to clarify - when I say “much better than…” I’m only talking about the stats being better than other players’ stats, I don’t mean it in any other way. I’m sure they all deserved the recognition, just very confusing where some players wound up on the list. The Pitcher of the Year did have the lowest ERA but I’d still think Championship game performance should matter if post-season is included in the decision-making. It seemed that in some instances the numbers mattered and in other cases they didn’t. 🤔

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Our conference awards came out the other day as well. I was surprised to see that they included post-season stats. I was also shocked to see that the freshman pitcher who led her team to the conference championship only received 2nd team (we only have first and second team). Not only did she help her team win the championship, she put up great offensive numbers, as well. Much better than the Rookie of the Year and much better than other pitchers who made 1st team. Pitcher of the Year was a PO. Just very confusing.
???
wonder about her not getting that recognition because she is a freshman and possibly they gave that recognition to a senior? On their way graduating?

Sometimes grade year is influential 🤷‍♀️

Mar 8, 2016
DD was on the other side of this. She missed half the season with 2 significant injuries and and still made 2nd team all conference. She had the advantage of playing on a good team in a bad conference. Her stats probably justified it but I was suprised she was even considered. Right or wrong these awards do mean something to the girls.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28