Playing with 7

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Yikes. I volunteered (when asked) to help coach a rec game tomorrow because coaches are out of town. We’ll only have 7.

12U. Rec.

Play full infield and just one outfielder?

May 29, 2015
YOCOACH has it ...

Although I will admit I have a hard time as an umpire saying “We have 75 or so people here, between the two teams and their fans, the concession staff, the groundskeepers, and the umpires ... but the rules say we’re not going to play.” Our sanctioning bodies tell us that is what we are to do. It’s all about the kids ... :cautious:

If the game means something in somebody’s standings, it will go down officially as a forfeit. But we aren’t ”not playing” on my field. Sorry sanctioning bodies.

Nov 8, 2018
Yikes. I volunteered (when asked) to help coach a rec game tomorrow because coaches are out of town. We’ll only have 7.

12U. Rec.

Play full infield and just one outfielder?

It’s rec. borrow from the other team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
Then why are you asking when it's quite obvious you have to forfeit? You can finish with 8 but you need to start with 9...unless your house rules are different.

If we had to forfeit I wouldn’t be asking. Why would I ask a question if I knew the answer?

Just asking where you would position 7 players to play a game. That’s all.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Can also get crazy creative on shifts. But this involves knowing the tendencies of the opposing hitters and having your pitcher being able to hit spots.

For example, you have a RH hitter who only pulls. You move your 2B to left side and either have three infielders, or two infielders and a rover of sorts, along with a LF and CF and leave RF open. Play 1B off bag as far as she can still reasonably get back to first.

And have your pitcher bust her inside all day.

Just an example. But I'm going to assume those resources won't be at your finger tips. So just got LCF and RCF and position them as you see fit as game goes on. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28