Playing together

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
This isn’t a rant nor complaint. Wanting to share a positive story. It’s easy to get caught up in the rat race that is competitive youth sports. Tonight I was able to share a cool experience with DD.

I’ve been playing in a men’s fastpitch league for the last couple months. Tons of fun. No I’m not very good at it. DD’s (now previous ) AC has been playing for years and they needed a couple players for the season. Now that DD’s open fields were done she wanted to come check it out and watch. Knowing this he invited her to play at the team pool party and tonight she did. The league isn’t big and she isn’t the first 13yo girl to come out and play. Maybe only the second. But, it was awesome being to able to play alongside her after a few years of just coaching.

Most likely won’t happen again. At least not until she’s college aged. It was something I’ll always remember.

And she did good. Over 3AB’s she had 1RBI, 1BB, and 1K (after working into a full count). I will give the opposing pitcher an assist….while he didn’t slow down much he definitely wasn’t throwing as hard as he could. And nothing inside. Still faster than anything she’s seen live.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
Very cool - this is what it’s all about! I lost my father when I was just out of college. My dad played competitively in an 18+ league well into his 40s and a few years before he passed we hit spent a whole summer playing together on the same team. Your daughter will remember those moments for a long time - trust me.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Very cool - this is what it’s all about! I lost my father when I was just out of college. My dad played competitively in an 18+ league well into his 40s and a few years before he passed we hit spent a whole summer playing together on the same team. Your daughter will remember those moments for a long time - trust me.

That is great you were able to do that. I will find ways to keep playing just to get the chance to play a full season of 18+ with her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802