Player of The Year award

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah..Lyons should have won it or maybe Jennings or Bahl 😉
Oddly enough, I'd say the fact Jennings had such a good year hurts the case for Alo. She did it both ways, had the same number of RBI, and was only 5 HR short.

It's a fascinating discussion.

Jun 8, 2016
Oddly enough, I'd say the fact Jennings had such a good year hurts the case for Alo. She did it both ways, had the same number of RBI, and was only 5 HR short.It's a fascinating discussion.
I would argue that Jennings had a better year last year. Lyons is more valuable defensively and had about an equal year at the plate.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I would argue that Jennings had a better year last year. Lyons is more valuable defensively and had about an equal year at the plate.
Who had the better year, Ruth or Gehrig?

The argument in MLB is they should have two awards, POY and MVP. How can Andre Dawson win the award on a losing team? Would his team be worse without him? Should he have gotten a player of the year award while someone who took their team to the playoffs got MVP? The same applies here. Without Alo, would OU have been a .500 team? I don't think so.

Jun 8, 2016
Who had the better year, Ruth or Gehrig?

The argument in MLB is they should have two awards, POY and MVP. How can Andre Dawson win the award on a losing team? Would his team be worse without him? Should he have gotten a player of the year award while someone who took their team to the playoffs got MVP? The same applies here. Without Alo, would OU have been a .500 team? I don't think so.
I am agreeing with you in my argumentative, sarcastic sort of way 😂

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
The argument about her not playing defense is a good one, but Alo shattered the D1 home run record and was at or near the top in other key offensive categories. Hard to see how you don’t recognize that.

ETA: Alo’s HR total almost certainly would have even been higher if teams had actually pitched to her over those two or three weeks that she was closing in on the HR record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802