Player ejected-Little League

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I woke up at 4am this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. Turned on the TV and a Little League Regional game was being televised out of Waco. Helotes Tx vs Oklahoma. Bases Loaded, girl on 2nd was ejected from the game because she was tipping the pitch location to the batter. You know the ol left arm for outside and right arm for inside. The home plate umpire was conversing with someone via walkie talkie which took about 10 minutes or so. The girl was sent to the dugout and was replaced by another player. What a stupid rule!!!

By the way, I noticed the batting helmets had the Texas Blaze and Texas Bombers stickers on every batter. Texas won the game.

May 29, 2015
Ah yes, the long-debated “unwritten rules” of the game.

Disclaimer: We don’t have LL around here and I have no experience with LL.

That said, in every sanction that I work, there is no rule against stealing signs. In every sanction that I played it would probably earn somebody a free trip to first base with a bruise though. Not nice, I know.

Could you extrapolate that to unsporting conduct? Eh. Perhaps LL does since part of their identity is upholding fair play?

Mar 4, 2018
And how would that get someone hurt?

I can see this scenario play out. The team on defense knows the team on offense is picking their signs. The team on defense decides to change the signs. Lets say the catcher sets up outside but the pitch will be coming inside. Batter is expecting an outside pitch, so the batter strides to cover the outside of the plate better. Pitch comes inside and hit the batter in the hand. Broken hand is the result.

Does not have to be intentional in this case. You could argue that this could be the result of any inside pitch that gets away a little bit.

Aug 30, 2015
Ah yes, the long-debated “unwritten rules” of the game.

Disclaimer: We don’t have LL around here and I have no experience with LL.

That said, in every sanction that I work, there is no rule against stealing signs. In every sanction that I played it would probably earn somebody a free trip to first base with a bruise though. Not nice, I know.

Could you extrapolate that to unsporting conduct? Eh. Perhaps LL does since part of their identity is upholding fair play?
Stealing and relaying of signs is considered unsportsmanlike behavior and cause for ejection...its in the rule book

Jun 7, 2019
Stealing and relaying of signs is considered unsportsmanlike behavior and cause for ejection...its in the rule book

I think I remember that from a long time ago when I coached LL. But there are very few teams any more that actually send in the signs visually with hand signals. If you care enough to decipher the code that's called out on every pitch, the one that every pitcher has to look at her wrist to figure out, is that also considered against the rules in LL?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee