Pitching Wedgie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2018
Hi folks, I'm a bucket Dad and DD is a pitcher. This post isn't about pitching though - at least not directly. This post is about wedgies...and whether or not there are any tricks to help these young ladies deal with them.

After every pitch, and DD sometimes throws a few hundred in a day, she needs to reach down and pick her crotch. It must be horrible to have to deal with something so uncomfortable. It just about drives her crazy and I just can't stand to see my kid having to deal with it. As a man I really don't know what to say to her or how to help. Do any of you seasoned pro's have any advice I can pass along to my daughter to help her with the issue? There HAS to be something.

And yes, this is a serious post and appeal for help.

Aug 12, 2018
This. DD wears her pants high up on the waist/bottom of stomach. Switching to compression shorts or sliding shorts resolved the issue for her.
Like these? Amazon product ASIN B07FQN2GCD
Also, and this is not meant to sound crude, does your DD wear underwear underneath the compression shorts as well or no? That is, her normal underwear, compression shorts, and then Softball pants. Or just compression shorts and Softball Pants?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Like these? Amazon product ASIN B07FQN2GCD
Also, and this is not meant to sound crude, does your DD wear underwear underneath the compression shorts as well or no? That is, her normal underwear, compression shorts, and then Softball pants. Or just compression shorts and Softball Pants?

Compression shorts and softball pants. The other reason (outside of wedgies) is that DD has torn a few pairs of pants on the low backside. So the compression shorts/sliding shorts helps hide any exposed skin at that point.

Sep 19, 2018
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hi folks, I'm a bucket Dad and DD is a pitcher. This post isn't about pitching though - at least not directly. This post is about wedgies...and whether or not there are any tricks to help these young ladies deal with them.

After every pitch, and DD sometimes throws a few hundred in a day, she needs to reach down and pick her crotch. It must be horrible to have to deal with something so uncomfortable. It just about drives her crazy and I just can't stand to see my kid having to deal with it. As a man I really don't know what to say to her or how to help. Do any of you seasoned pro's have any advice I can pass along to my daughter to help her with the issue? There HAS to be something.

And yes, this is a serious post and appeal for help.
I've been a member here since 2013, and while I....well my DD has never had this particular problem before, it's honest answers to real honest questions and problems like this that make this site so valuable! Well that and really good glove posts but it appears those don't exist anymore! 😒

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee