Pitching speed vs age

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
🤷‍♂️
That theme is repeated over and over on here..
Sorry I missed that in the earlier reply. Sometimes I skim.

From the section you quoted from Gator5, "My general belief, which is not founded on anything more than conjecture: on average..."

Maybe I will start a poll, but I have not had the feeling that this is the prevailing thought here. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jun 8, 2016
Sorry I missed that in the earlier reply. Sometimes I skim.

From the section you quoted from Gator5, "My general belief, which is not founded on anything more than conjecture: on average..."

Maybe I will start a poll, but I have not had the feeling that this is the prevailing thought here. Maybe I'm wrong.
Prevailing thought from people who wish to voice their opinion on the matter.

Feb 1, 2021
I have personally clocked the dukes pitcher at 70-71 and then also 64-66 depending on who she is playing and if she just throws straight gas because the team is lower caliber or she has to work and throw her movement pitches. So it seemed accurate for her given the competition I would assume she was throwing movement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Who was that Dukes pitcher? DD played against Rothrock a few times. Shes legit 70+ easy. I laugh LOUDLY and those that say she isn't.

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah, we had a kid locally that committed to SEC as an 8th grader. She supposedly threw 70 mph at a camp and they committed her more or less on the spot.

Both DD’s played her in hs. IDK if she threw 70 but when she threw you knew you were seeing velocity you never saw before.

Here is the crazy thing: my older dd did very well against her. This small town hs team had another pitcher that I always thought was better. We could never hit her. She had great movement and command. That pitcher I thought was better ended up injured- don’t think she played college ball. The 70 mph pitcher had two very good seasons at two different P5 schools and then quit softball.

Apr 20, 2015
Who was that Dukes pitcher? DD played against Rothrock a few times. Shes legit 70+ easy. I laugh LOUDLY and those that say she isn't.
Yes....rothrock. clocked her several times in the 70-71 range with a pocket radar. . Also clocked in the mid 60s throwing more junk...which you have to so in games like PGF final. She is legit and a good kid from what I understand. People always like to hate on talent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478