Pitching replant (crow hop)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2021
Hello all,
Unfortunately, this is the only clear video (not blurry) that I got from a tournament yesterday. It also happens that this particular video is the least egregious of what I saw the pitcher doing, but alas. To me, it's obvious that she is replanting her pivot foot prior to throwing even here. Am I wrong? As I stated, this example is the only unblurry video I got and I think it happens to be one of the least obvious examples I saw, but her arm is still at the 3 o'clock position when her pivot "replants?" If this is "borderline," would anything MORE obvious be crow hopping? They tried to say it was just a leap, which sorry, that is incorrect IMO. Maybe I was watching closer because the particular pitcher is close to 6' tall in 12U and any "advantage" she would get makes it easy to be overpowering...lol

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Dec 4, 2021
You're wrong. And you are also wrong to come on here and post a video of a kid you don't know trying to call out her pitching style.
I can absolutely accept that I'm wrong in my opinion of the replant. But it would be YOU that is wrong about the kid. I actually DO know her, her parents, and the team as we've played with and against...and made sure not to show her face or team logo. Thanks.

May 17, 2012
I don't necessarily think it would be a MPH "advantage" rather pitching from 36' instead of 40'...lol

As an opposing coach, I would not be concerned by this pitcher's delivery.

For future reference when playing on dirt with a right-handed pitcher they will kick dirt toward the first base creating a little divot in the pitcher circle with a dirt spray pattern towards first base (on a replant).

So if you are concerned about a replant just look in the pitcher's circle, it will tell the tale. The replant is very rare in girls' fastpitch from my experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog