Pitching/Infield Glove - 13year+

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2020
What would you recommend for a glove that is easy to break in for a pitcher/infielder. Hoping she can use in high school as well.

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2020
I would stay away from the A2000 series if your looking for easy break-in. I purchased this on the recommendation a glove guru here. My DD absolutely loves it but it also is not for the timid on break-in a glove

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I would stay away from the A2000 series if your looking for easy break-in. I purchased this on the recommendation a glove guru here. My DD absolutely loves it but it also is not for the timid on break-in a glove

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
What a horrible glove! :rolleyes: You should be ashamed posting that glove here!

@prsboogie, I forgot to throw a :LOL: in there, my bad!

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
I'll chime in with my $0.02.

My 14U DD had a Wilson A2000 MA model that was bought in 2018 or 2019. She wore it out...the inside leather was a mess and the leather between the fingers was gone. She didn't care, but I finally told her she needed a new glove.

I gave her the choice of gloves including some very expensive options we saw at tournaments and tried on. Ultimately she wanted the Wilson A2000 P12 2022 model. She likes it and that's all that matters to me. My guess is the color matches her HS team colors, but I have not confirmed that. LOL! She pitches and plays 3rd with it. Works just fine. I thought break in was easy. She was playing with it within a week of purchase.

But honestly I do not expect the new one to last through four years of HS ball and travel ball when HS isn't going. 2-3 year tops just like the last one. However, we play, at a minimum, tournaments every other weekend mostly year round. Practice is 3 days a week and add in 1 or 2 lessons a week on top of that. The glove gets used. I have actually contemplated buying another one now for when this one needs replaced.

I like the glove posted above and have an old Rawlings glove that I used in HS many, many years ago that is still in great condition. The only thing I would want as a pitcher is a more closed web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We've had a few and this has turned out to be my Pitcher DD's favorite out of all of them.

All Star System Seven FGS7-PT Baseball Glove 12 Inch

Jan 28, 2020
I should clarify "easy to break in", she has a mizuno glove now (we spent maybe $110) and that sucker took forever to break in...and she still does not like it after months. We don't mind spending over $200 for a good quality glove that she can finish 14U with and start high school ball.

May 5, 2019
Unfortunately you may be looking at 2 gloves based on which infield position she plays. We use an A2000 11.75 for when she plays short stop, and a Rawlings Liberty Advance 12.5 when she is pitching (hides the ball from nosey 3rd base coaches) and uses that for center field as well. There really is no one true glove that will cover every position in my opinion. Also the a2000 might be a little higher quality and a longer lasting glove, but the Liberty Advance is a high quality grab and go glove that needs little to no break in at all.

Jan 28, 2020
Aside from the easy break-in thing.....I'd build her a $200 custom Marucci Cypress baseball glove, best deal going right now!
So she has never tried a baseball glove, she has a 12 inch now and doesn't want to go larger for pitching/3rd base. Would you suggest going larger with a baseball glove vs softball?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28