PITCHERS TEND TO HAVE

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Have noticed many Pitchers tend to have a catcher they prefer to throw to.

Got reasons for preference~
Or
No not so much preference for the pitcher you know~

May 16, 2016
Illinois
There is definitely a catcher that all the pitchers prefer to throw to on my DD's team. One catcher is simply better than the other catcher.

What makes her better? She is simply better at everything a catcher should be good at. Better at throwing out runners, better at blocking, better at communicating and controlling the game.

May 27, 2013
DD’s favorite catcher (generally speaking) is the one who knows how to frame the best. Makes balls look like strikes, not strikes look like balls.

Mar 10, 2020
Physical talent levels being equal on team. Catcher's personality stands out as a preference. Some catchers are just not the same leaders that other catchers are. When the catcher does not exhibit leadership qualities behind the plate daughter in the circle feels that she carries more weight.

Jul 14, 2018
DD’s team is fortunate to have three catchers. #1 is a tremendous athlete, nothing gets behind her and she pounces on bunts. #2 has worked quite a bit on framing/mechanics and has a cannon for an arm.

DD prefers to pitch to catcher #3, who is competent skill-wise but nothing extraordinary. But they’ve spent a lot of time talking about pitch sequences and what DD likes to throw in different circumstances, and they are very much on the same page. Simply put, they have a great rhythm together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2021
My DD’s favorite catcher is whichever one knows how to talk to her the best. She likes her catcher to talk a lot and pump her up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802