Pitcher with a replant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
like Monica Abbot?

No abbot does more of a gym step in this picture. These kids drag out or maybe leap slightly. And when the drag leg lands or stops it pushes again and typically kicks out behind them instead of dragging on up to the stride leg. The kick out makes it really obvious if you know what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
I agree with the question why will it be legal

Because, the "replant" rule at the NCAA level is ambiguous, and impossible to enforce. Bearing weight? WTH? The slow motion police on the internets say it's "Obvious" but at real speed, when the umpires have other things to focus on, it's impossible to enforce. Even leaping, which is more obvious, is difficult to detect at real time in a game.

ASA already legalized the "Barnhill motion" a long time ago, so unless you kid is playing college ball, it's really a non issue.

May 17, 2012
Because it just doesn't matter in the end. The benefit if any is negligible.

When pitchers are a certain age and skill level they can pitch with a replant and without. The changes in speed and movement have been nil (from what I have recorded).

As a coach I don't get caught up in the drama. Even if they triple jump off the mound they still have to throw it over the plate.

I won't let my players use it as an excuse.

Apr 20, 2015

When pitchers are a certain age and skill level they can pitch with a replant and without. The changes in speed and movement have been nil (from what I have recorded).

As a coach I don't get caught up in the drama. Even if they triple jump off the mound they still have to throw it over the plate.

I'm okay with this attitude as well which is the one that my older daughters team takes. I just wish they'd either make it legal or enforce it. Setting umpires up for failure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017

I've seen the impact on a pitcher being called for it. The pitcher's speed was 3-4 MPH slower without the replant. Wasn't hittable with replant, got hit without replant

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
My dd will kick up her back leg as she comes through the pitch and finishes in a figure four position. She neither leaps nor crow-hops. Admittedly, she does drag on the side of her foot so when she finishes in the figure-four position she will kick up dirt on a very dry field. Don’t think you can really go by that to know if a pitcher is illegal or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802