Pitcher hoping for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2022
@sluggers ;

1DAA857E-7F60-48C2-A136-E4E1822BA97D.jpg
Ok this is actually mildly maddening haha. I did full motion but snapped into my own glove, then I threw a pitch. And snapping into my own glove I believe my posture is actually way more correct, and in line with the second bank of images before release point that you posted… I just need to figure out what it is I’m changing between glove snap and pitch… or find an invisible glove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
You are allowing your upper body to twist in 2nd image. Extend your left hip like 1st image and squeeze glutes and core super hard. That will keep rotation minimized.

Apr 12, 2015
Just get in some simple, basic powerline work. Set up your powerline like this:

1660014342282.png

Position your feet roughly has shown. I personally prefer the toes pointed more toward home plate than is shown, but something close to what is shown here. Then do full arm circles, working on up together/down together in conjunction with the glove arm without moving your feet.

The handful of drills @sluggers mentioned are very good as well.

Aug 3, 2022
https://youtube.com/shorts/Rd5l5XAS2L4?feature=share

Think I made some good improvements today!!! Able to keep open a lot better. Did the stork and a bunch more of the suggested drills and I felt and can see an improvement. Definitely have some work to do on the elbow/arm/glove hand and maybe now the drag foot but definitely some improvement, thanks everyone!

Apr 12, 2015

Think I made some good improvements today!!! Able to keep open a lot better. Did the stork and a bunch more of the suggested drills and I felt and can see an improvement. Definitely have some work to do on the elbow/arm/glove hand and maybe now the drag foot but definitely some improvement, thanks everyone!

Looking a LOT better!
1660064554028.png

Just keep working the basic arm circle until its smooth and natural. Lower body is a whole other can of worms and personally, I wouldn't put a lot of thought or effort into it until the upper body is on point.

Aug 3, 2022
You're circling above your head, and the simple act of the body trying to correct that will push the arm away from the body (or at least outside the ball path you want) on the downswing, which will stop you from getting the brush contact. Once you get the things others have mentioned taken care of, you'll need to reassess the arm path. Good on you for playing ball again!

I was doing some of the drills suggested to work on having an unlocked elbow at 9, and I traced my arm path back to 3 and realized it’s much easier to be unlocked at 9 when I hold the ball facing down at 3, whereas I had been starting my pitch with the ball angled somewhat toward 1st base. Once I did some practice with the ball facing down to start, I noticed my arm doesn’t want to go as close to my head anymore. At least with me, I find that everything in my pitching movement is connected and has chain reactions through the rest of the movement. So I am working on this one already thank you for pointing it out

Aug 3, 2022
You are allowing your upper body to twist in 2nd image. Extend your left hip like 1st image and squeeze glutes and core super hard. That will keep rotation minimized.

Thanks for the suggestion, when I practiced this morning I figured out that if I am more open with foot further right when I land my stride, these muscles are MUCH easier to use, and I can prevent the upper body twist now

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What’s this about being open?

I’ll go back and catch up.

What are you working on? Arm action?

The arm and lowerbody go hand and hands. You can’t create a whip in the arm without the lowerbody.

You don’t use the body well. That starts with lowerbody action and bursting forward. But, before I say anything let me see what your working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802