Pitcher hoping for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Decided to just continue the work I was doing on my own and took down the videos, don’t know how to delete the post itself, I’m finding it too confusing to get continued feedback online while I’m actively pitching games every week. I’m getting good results in the games (strike outs and weak contact) so don’t want to do anything too major anyway.

I agree with what you’re saying about lower body though. Part of what makes the feedback too confusing for me is it is physically not possible to implement a change to one isolated part of the motion without it affecting the entire motion. In my case, I was not stepping close enough to the power line, and so I was using too much upper body/arm to force the ball to compensate. I was lowering my glove hand early to be able to use that upper body force. Position of landing foot & upper body compensating & glove hand compensating were the chain of issues. Locked arm/lack of whip/“not open enough” were symptoms of the issue but not the issue itself, will naturally fix itself when the deeper issues resolved.

But anyway, again not interested in feedback anymore
Thanks for sharing. I've been meaning to post my own (VERY rough) BP motion for feedback.

From an earlier post - you also realized the easiest way to be "palm up" at 9 is to be "palm down" at 3. In my limited exp, it can be simpler to teach kids a movement they can see in front of them ("drag your knuckles up the chalkboard" [why a chalkboard? no idea...]) vs. behind them (9:00 position).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802