Pitcher fielding the ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
A softball field is small (60x60). 4 infielders is plenty to cover the infield (even 10u/12u)

Pitcher is already doing a ton of work for the team. (Same with catcher)

To the OP...that was 2B ball. 100%
Coach should have benched her for not supporting the pitcher and making (another)error.
I've seen girls that are supposed to be A players not go for a ball and claim it can't be my fault or an error because I didn't touch it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
Sounds like 2B ball to me but I know my dd would have at least made an attempt as P until called off. What I’ve noticed is a lot of PO will not go for the ball while P who also play other positions will. Not saying it’s right or wrong - just my observation.

Aug 23, 2016
OP here. DD discussed it with her coaches and they want her to focus on what's in front of her when she's in the circle, especially when there's a runner on base. She's got to assess where to back up (home, third, somewhere in between) and she can't do that if her back is to the third base line.

Jun 8, 2016
I got nothing to say other than 2B needs to shut their trap even if it was the pitcher's ball. Not her job to reprimand the pitcher...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee