PGF Nationals Guest Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2016
Daughter been asked to play in PGF Nationals as a Guest player, she is 14u playing 16u.
Is it worth it? coming from the East. Flight, hotel, Car rental. food etc...Coaches using the College carrot
and exposure angle. I could save $$$ and stay home. Any advice appreciated.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Get a CLEAR understanding from the Coach what he intends to do with her. We had a friend who did this at the same age, but the Coach clearly told them that their DD's role would be occasional pinch-running and that's it. Because they are independently wealthy, they did it. I would not have because such a small amount of playing time would not be worth the cost to us.

Aug 23, 2016
Get a CLEAR understanding from the Coach what he intends to do with her. We had a friend who did this at the same age, but the Coach clearly told them that their DD's role would be occasional pinch-running and that's it. Because they are independently wealthy, they did it. I would not have because such a small amount of playing time would not be worth the cost to us.
Thanks for the info. With all the Hype of PGF I am not thinking clear.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Like that opportunity!
However weighing age, playing time, & cost.
This could be just paying for the experience simply to have the experience of seeing it.
For future goals.
How much is that worth?!
Depends one what talent level you can already see at closer events, less cost.

Platinum or Premier?

If you play platinum,
Make the extra effort to go watch Premier also.

Nov 18, 2013
Daughter been asked to play in PGF Nationals as a Guest player, she is 14u playing 16u.
Is it worth it? coming from the East. Flight, hotel, Car rental. food etc...Coaches using the College carrot
and exposure angle. I could save $$$ and stay home. Any advice appreciated.

Premier or Platinum?

Aug 23, 2016
Like that opportunity!
However weighing age, playing time, & cost.
This could be just paying for the experience simply to have the experience of seeing it.
For future goals.
How much is that worth?!
Depends one what talent level you can already see at closer events, less cost.

Platinum or Premier?

If you play platinum,
Make the extra effort to go watch Premier also.
Team is entered in Platinum

Apr 20, 2015
I wouldn't pay for platinum unless your daughter has high aspirations that your current team doesn't expose her too and then given that as a 14u eligible I would assume she's a 24 or 25 I would consider spending my money next year on a team that does give her the exposure she needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
As i commented earlier,
If you spend the $$$$
Make sure to go watch Premier!

Platinum is well.....more common talent level. Would imagine could participate at that level closer & less $.

Nov 18, 2013

As RADCatcher stated Platinum is the less prestigious of the two. By the numbers Premier has roughly 75 teams and Platinum another 85. One of PGF’s early talking points were that ASA was watered down with up to 100 teams at Nationals.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t good teams at Platinum. It’s just not the elite of the elite. If your DD had schools she’s in contact with it would be easy to get them over to watch her at Platinum.

Being she’s just a 14U the only real recruiting benefit she’d get is the experience of playing upper level teams. It would be a good experience, but financially recruiting dollars could be better spent. One option might be sending her with another family and pitching in with hotel and food.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478