PGF 10U Championship this summer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
I would like to put in my $0.02 that I am a BIG fan of playing in a World Series for FUN at 10U and 12U. Some of the best softball memories I have were at the USFA World Series in Panama City, FL. It was TRULY a family vacation and was a great blend of softball, fellowship, and vacation. If your DD's are serious about softball there will be plenty of time to play serious softball at 16U and 18U. 14U is kind of a transition age, so you can choose fun or serious.

Generally agree but here in SoCal, travel ball becomes serious a division earlier starting at 12U. All the teams here are trying to qualify for PGF nationals and TCS World Series (Utah) is the back-up plan.

I will tell you that DD's 10U all-star team that was 2nd at Western Nationals was a great time for the families and players. Travel ball is a different animal all together and becomes more serious and competitive each and every year.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I would like to put in my $0.02 that I am a BIG fan of playing in a World Series for FUN at 10U and 12U. Some of the best softball memories I have were at the USFA World Series in Panama City, FL. It was TRULY a family vacation and was a great blend of softball, fellowship, and vacation. If your DD's are serious about softball there will be plenty of time to play serious softball at 16U and 18U. 14U is kind of a transition age, so you can choose fun or serious.

JAD, My DD has played in Panama City four yearss between 8U and 10U. Last year we played both in PCB for the WS and at ASA 10U Nationals. It was more serious but I believe every child on our team enjoyed it more. The opening ceremony was better and the format gave them more time to hang out even though we made it to Saturday morning before being eliminated. Their only disappointment was not playing a California team.

I think the bigger stage of events like PGF and ASA can bring has a "coolness" factor the girls enjoy.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD, My DD has played in Panama City four yearss between 8U and 10U. Last year we played both in PCB for the WS and at ASA 10U Nationals. It was more serious but I believe every child on our team enjoyed it more. The opening ceremony was better and the format gave them more time to hang out even though we made it to Saturday morning before being eliminated. Their only disappointment was not playing a California team.

I think the bigger stage of events like PGF and ASA can bring has a "coolness" factor the girls enjoy.

I cannot tell you how much I missed being at the beach the last two years as I sat in a hotel room in Normal, IL and Salem, VA. At ASA Nationals we played one game/day until Thursday. I understand the prestige of earning a berth to ASA or PGF, but to be perfectly honest with you I think the team/organization gets more out of it than the players. In PCB we played two games in the morning, then hit the beach in the afternoon, and ate raw oysters and consumed adult beverages right across the street from our hotel at night (the coaches, not the players). And the oyster bar had karaoke that the girls LOVED! And it case you were interested I had raw oysters and a pitcher of beer for dinner 5 nights in a row....

Any teams going to the USFA World Series this year interested in a 16U pickup player? LOL

I haven't seen them yet and they haven't popped up in any psycho parent conversations about who the best group of 10 year old girls playing softball is. The teams you hear about the most are BB Flores, SoCal As-Kinch, Corona Angels, Firecrackers-Ollison, LM most wanted, Corona Crush and a couple others I don't recall off the top of my head.

You should have a better idea in about three weeks. Several of these teams will be in a tournament together and the one that wins it will be the odds-on favorite to win it all this summer.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Just in my email box:

We did it!! The PGF 10U Championship is finally going to happen!!!

Yes, and it all starts on July 25th, 2015!!! This is our Inaugural PGF National Championship Event for the 10U Division and like always our Inaugural events are by invite only, no need to qualify. If you would like to be considered for an invitation, contact Bret Denio bret.denio@pgf-mail.com or Gary Haning gary.haning@pgf-mail.com, at your earliest convenience as there is limited space and it will fill up fast. We will be accepting between 24 to 32 teams depending on the demand. Make sure you share this with your 10U Division and lets Rock Southern California as we welcome this younger division to the most competitive and funnest National Championship of the year.

See you there!!

PGF Headquarters
Huntington Beach, Ca.

Mar 26, 2013
It was supposed to be invite-only (no qualifiers). Did your team get one?
I don't know for sure, DD is new to the team over the last couple of weeks but they are one of the stronger teams down here so I am kind of putting two and two together here and assuming they have an invite based on offhand comments in conversations I've had with other parents.
Did your DD's team get one of the 26 berths announced today? If not, still 6 more to be announced.

Say, I'm not in the division, but was impressed by a Cruiser 10U team at a Triple Crown tournament recently.
Cal Cruisers Kilgore got a berth.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore