PGF 10U Championship this summer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
What is the latest on this? It was on, then there was some issues about getting fields. Anyone know the status? I am hoping we don't have to go to Utah for a season ending tournament and can stay local.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I heard no-go the recently from a TB pres., but I don't know any current details. I'll ask him again for you.

Mar 26, 2013
What is the latest on this? It was on, then there was some issues about getting fields. Anyone know the status? I am hoping we don't have to go to Utah for a season ending tournament and can stay local.
It was supposed to be invite-only (no qualifiers). Did your team get one?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013

I don't know for sure, DD is new to the team over the last couple of weeks but they are one of the stronger teams down here so I am kind of putting two and two together here and assuming they have an invite based on offhand comments in conversations I've had with other parents.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal

That's what I was told too. Say, I'm not in the division, but was impressed by a Cruiser 10U team at a Triple Crown tournament recently.
Have you guys seen that team? Where do they stack up? The pitcher/ss was top notch.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
I haven't seen them yet and they haven't popped up in any psycho parent conversations about who the best group of 10 year old girls playing softball is. The teams you hear about the most are BB Flores, SoCal As-Kinch, Corona Angels, Firecrackers-Ollison, LM most wanted, Corona Crush and a couple others I don't recall off the top of my head.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I haven't seen them yet and they haven't popped up in any psycho parent conversations about who the best group of 10 year old girls playing softball is. The teams you hear about the most are BB Flores, SoCal As-Kinch, Corona Angels, Firecrackers-Ollison, LM most wanted, Corona Crush and a couple others I don't recall off the top of my head.

oh man, I can only imagine there must be some interesting parents in that division. A new tv show perhaps?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would like to put in my $0.02 that I am a BIG fan of playing in a World Series for FUN at 10U and 12U. Some of the best softball memories I have were at the USFA World Series in Panama City, FL. It was TRULY a family vacation and was a great blend of softball, fellowship, and vacation. If your DD's are serious about softball there will be plenty of time to play serious softball at 16U and 18U. 14U is kind of a transition age, so you can choose fun or serious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore