penn-state-altoona-softball-player-charged--hit-batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Wow! My guess is that they'll be looking for a pitcher soon? Possible scholarship opportunity folks! Send in them emails lol that's just sad for a program

Sent from my

Oct 10, 2011
Wow! My guess is that they'll be looking for a pitcher soon? Possible scholarship opportunity folks! Send in them emails lol that's just sad for a program

Sent from my
They are D3 but maybe an academic scholarship (for athletic people:)

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Penn State Altoona softball player charged for hitting a batter

Lack of leadership on this team. I don't think the pitcher was right in how she confronted this player, but I don't think the other player needed to file charges either.

Sort of curious how this charge for an 10 month old event which occurred in South Carolina can be filed in Pennsylvania. I have no problem with it, but it seems it should fall under civil action at this point in time

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sort of curious how this charge for an 10 month old event which occurred in South Carolina can be filed in Pennsylvania. I have no problem with it, but it seems it should fall under civil action at this point in time

Hmmm...nice catch. I don't think it is.

The Pennsylvania statute says that conduct outside of the state can be used if a person is charged with "attempt" to commit the crime, e.g., "attempt to commit murder". Pennsylvani Statute

But, I don't think simple battery falls under the statute.

Oct 10, 2011
I didn't know Penn State Altoona had a softball team...
I only knew because they said they saw DD at a showcase... She ended up getting contacted by every one of their campuses in PA. Well, everyone but their main campus: (

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13