Pelvic tilt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
When I hear "pelvic tilt" I think that the pelvis is tilting without the femurs or torso moving. Pretty much bad all around.

When I hear hip hinge(hip flexion) I think that the torso is fixed to the pelvis. So if the pelvis moves the torso moves. This is good since the body's biggest muscles are strapped to the pelvis and femurs. So the biggest muscles end up swinging your torso around as a 2.5' lever by moving your pelvis. This is handy since your arms are attached to the torso.

That being said the hip joint moves both the femurs and the pelvis/attached torso. So you could hinge while keeping the torso pretty upright(sitting down/squatting which has femurs moving more than pelvis with relation to ground). Usually its a combo of both though.

download.jpeg

Vs.

hiphingintro2.jpg

When the guy in white swings his butt forward(hip extension) what ever is in his hands is gonna move really fast(unless its super heavy edit to say EVEN if it is super heavy)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
When I hear "pelvic tilt" I think that the pelvis is tilting without the femurs or torso moving. Pretty much bad all around.

When I hear hip hinge(hip flexion) I think that the torso is fixed to the pelvis. So if the pelvis moves the torso moves. This is good since the body's biggest muscles are strapped to the pelvis and femurs. So the biggest muscles end up swinging your torso around as a 2.5' lever by moving your pelvis. This is handy since your arms are attached to the torso.

That being said the hip joint moves both the femurs and the pelvis/attached torso. So you could hinge while keeping the torso pretty upright(sitting down/squatting which has femurs moving more than pelvis with relation to ground). Usually its a combo of both though.

View attachment 23961

Vs.

View attachment 23962

When the guy in white swings his butt forward(hip extension) what ever is in his hands is gonna move really fast(unless its super heavy edit to say EVEN if it is super heavy)
Thanks for the write up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802