Outfield Glove 13yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2018
Called Marucci, the gentleman I spoke with recommended the Magnolia series & the 3D inserts since my daughter does like a snug fit (she always wears a glove under her mitt). Wrist opening on both the Cypress & Magnolia can both go down to 6.5". Have all the options sorted out, now just deciding whether to go with the Cypress or Magnolia. Thanks for all your help!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My take on baseball vs. softball gloves is obviously the velcro debate, which finally / thankfully a lot of manufacturers are going away from it! But also the build quality….think internals, Rawlings, Wilson, and Vinci softball glove internals just flat out suck!!

Lots of people may disagree with me, but it’s very rare that I’ll ever recommend a true fastpitch softball glove here! My DD has used a baseball glove since she was 11, no telling how many girls here I’ve put in a baseball glove, and the girls I’ve coached in TB & HS, everyone a baseball glove!

But, I’ve never owned a Marucci, so I just don’t know? But for my money there’s no doubt I’d order my daughter a baseball glove regardless of what that rep said!

Aug 3, 2018
Thanks again, really appreciate all your help. Going with the custom Cypress baseball glove, now my daughter gets to do the fun part & pick out colors!

Oct 12, 2020
Thanks again, really appreciate all your help. Going with the custom Cypress baseball glove, now my daughter gets to do the fun part & pick out colors!
If you don't mind, please post when you get it to let us know how the hand fit is for dd

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Have you guys ( your DD mainly) had a chance to mock up her custom yet? Curious what y’all came up with?

I actually called Marucci’s CS to see if they possibly offered split welting….they don’t. I was thinking of ordering me a custom, but not without split welting, rolled welting is a big ole no for me!

A 12.25” I-web in Toffee steerhide with split welting for $200 would be hard to turn down! No split saved me some cash.
Thanks again, really appreciate all your help. Going with the custom Cypress baseball glove, now my daught

Aug 3, 2018
After approximately 50 mock ups she's deciding between toffee and black or dark purple & black, thinking about it at school today, and planning to order it tonight! Here's some pics of her mockups hopefully it works
download.pngglove.pngglove2.png

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I can’t get the builder colors to work on my iPad?

I will tell you if she’s wanting a two tone glove in black & tan, that combo ALWAYS looks best with a black shell / frame and a tan web, can’t explain it but trust me!

And the black & tan combo looks best with gold, ivory, or beige stitching.

Have her mock one up with a black back, tan web, and tan palm, tan binding, and break up the black back with some gray welting.

Also, I love their Toffee color, but as the main color, I think it’s too dark to pair with black. They have a lighter tan but as I said the color icons aren’t working for me on their builder with my iPad, not sure what they call their lighter tan?

Here’s a black & tan combo that works!
43CA96AF-EA5F-4735-9BEF-CDD09F560344.jpeg
BA1061FF-3A09-46E0-A3D2-17EF5A05ED49.jpegA19AFD90-D719-4E3F-9B08-63D581A75FC7.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598