OU vs. Texas Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
I walked in during the 7th inning and it looked like OU were using the Mantra and a black Rawlings (didn't look like Meta). Each Texas hitter had PC. Can they both use Rawlings and Mizuno now?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The black Rawlings (isnt a Meta because the Meta is a LS), was probably an older Rawlings Quatro Pro which was black. OU is a Rawlings team
and Texas Is a Mizuno team so thats why they use Mizuno. If a team is sponsored, NO...you will never see them mix other brand of bats in.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Hey Core - I've been wondering what mix of Mizuno bats they (and other top Mizuno Teams) are using? PC, One piece, Titanium...any idea/

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hey Core - I've been wondering what mix of Mizuno bats they (and other top Mizuno Teams) are using? PC, One piece, Titanium...any idea/
Nobody uses the Ti...hahahahaha

Actually the Ti will be gone this year...they told me they are replacing with something else but havent told me what. I meet with Mizuno shortly
to go over the program.
Most college schools actually love the Carbon1 with some PCs mixed in there...but outside of college, the Power Carbon is the bat of choice

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Ha, I wondered. My DD's have been the only ones on their college team using Mizuno (the PC) at all and it's been rare to even see a Carbon1 around here to "test" drive. I'll be curious to hear what they have planned after you have your meeting.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Im hoping they bring back the Carbon2 in a better form...its was kind of a hollow CF type bat and a lower price point than the PC. But
its a tough call. Maybe they just put out a different slant on the PC or Carbon1.

Its def touhg to find a place that has them to test drive. Mizuno just doesnt pollute the retail process like they used to because
they ruined their name years back by terrible decisions. They are trying to be very careful what they do.

Jan 28, 2017
The black Rawlings (isnt a Meta because the Meta is a LS), was probably an older Rawlings Quatro Pro which was black. OU is a Rawlings team
and Texas Is a Mizuno team so thats why they use Mizuno. If a team is sponsored, NO...you will never see them mix other brand of bats
Lost my mind for some reason. Lol. Rawlings bought Easton so can a Rawlings team or Easton team switch? No clue how I got off track

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Lost my mind for some reason. Lol. Rawlings bought Easton so can a Rawlings team or Easton team switch? No clue how I got off track
I dont think a Rawlings team can use Easton or vice versa. The same would be said for Wilson, you would have Demars and LSs
on the same team but you dont see that. Think they stick to the brand for that particular brand recognition.

Aug 6, 2013
I dont think a Rawlings team can use Easton or vice versa. The same would be said for Wilson, you would have Demars and LSs
This is the same policy my DD's travel team has. They are a DeMarini sponsored team for bats. Wilson provides the rest of the gear like uniforms, gloves, & protective gear. DD loves the LXT which is a Wilson bat but is only allowed to use the DeMarini that was given to her. She was thrilled when she found out the college she committed to is a Wilson sponsored team that swings Louisville - she is holding her breath they stay that way, lol.

Apr 21, 2021
The college my daughter will be attending this fall is a Rawlings one. I had a chance to talk to the head coach a couple of weeks ago, and asked if the girls would now have a choice between a Rawlings or Easton bat.

The coach said that they just had to sign the renewal contract for the upcoming year(s) and did have a choice of Rawlings or Easton but not both. They stayed with Rawlings because they felt the gloves and catcher’s gear were superior to Easton’s, and most of the girls were fine with the Mantra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478