Olympics 2021

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2021
Can somebody help me understand why the US team would attempt (and fail) a steal of 2B with two out in the bottom of the 6th (score 0-0) against Australia yesterday?

Feb 20, 2020
Because their entire offensive strategy is to get someone to second with two outs. That’s it. All they try to do. Get them to second, hope for a clutch base hit.

moultrie was doing crazy-rear bunt attempts when she got subbed in for Nichols. Nichols had a hard hit and a walk in her two previous ABs, but I guess she’s not as good as laying down bunts with someone on first.

Apr 17, 2019
Just watching the US - Mexico game. How was this not interference on the batter-runner (Aguilar) 2:30 in the highlight vid? Not saying it's a great throw, but Augilar is full on in fair territory.

May 29, 2015
Just watching the US - Mexico game. How was this not interference on the batter-runner (Aguilar) 2:30 in the highlight vid? Not saying it's a great throw, but Augilar is full on in fair territory.

Looks like a pretty textbook case of runner's lane interference to me. I am not super-familiar with the intricacies of international rules, but I will post a breakdown in a standalone thread on runner's lane interference. (Will post the link once I do.)

EDIT: https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/running-lane-interference-breakdown.41946

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Some great pitching, and also some really big strike zones. That combines for some uneventful games...eight runs TOTAL over four US games. Some may enjoy it, but I find it really tough to stay engaged, and that baseball field is really distracting. I can't believe there isn't a decent FP stadium in the whole of Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802