Oklahoma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
Oklahoma pummeled #* Texas this weekend. It was brutal. I will be interested to see how the Oklahoma battery fares against the best SEC and PAC10 teams.

Jun 20, 2015
I watched several of the OK vs Texas games and whomever plays OK. You cannot miss over the plate!!! They all seemed to crush anything that was a miss by the pitcher. And not little seeing eye singles. Bombs clearing the bleachers beyond the 225' fence.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
During a conversation about "hot" bats and stronger players the other day I made a statement. I thought that fences should be moved back to 225-230 but are we looking at 250? Some of the HR's I have seen this year are bombs.

Jul 5, 2016
During a conversation about "hot" bats and stronger players the other day I made a statement. I thought that fences should be moved back to 225-230 but are we looking at 250? Some of the HR's I have seen this year are bombs.

On the one hand, I would say that pitchers aren't supposed to T up the ball for the batters - a statement so obvious, I could qualify to announce the games. Having said that, it does seem that great hitters are accumulating faster than great pitchers and the balance is in favor of hitting these days.

If the fences are moved back there will be more triples and more in the park home runs.

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
OU is changing the game right now... Power hitters top to bottom. Jennings, Alo, Hansen, Snow, Elam, the list goes on and on. They have 98!!! HR's as a team right now... Just crazy

Dec 11, 2010
Did anybody see the stat comparing the number of OU softball home runs to OU baseball home runs? They are within a few home runs of each other. Doesn’t that suggest that the fences are in the right place? 😎

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Did anybody see the stat comparing the number of OU softball home runs to OU baseball home runs? They are within a few home runs of each other. Doesn’t that suggest that the fences are in the right place? 😎
No, haven't seen it. Post it please! Haven't seen much OU baseball but sounds like they are cranking it too. Please post it when you can.

Jun 8, 2016
How many innings? OU has run ruled in half their games 😉

Dec 11, 2010
It was a graphic in the Georgia/Ok game. What I *remember* is that they were pretty even- maybe they were conference numbers?

When I looked them up... holy cats!

OK baseball: 41 home runs in 339 innings (innings pitched)
OK softball: 111 home runs in 214 innings.

That is absolutely unreal. Alo and Jennings good for 45 of those.

Pass that big platter of crow, lol

Jun 8, 2016
It was a graphic in the Georgia/Ok game. What I *remember* is that they were pretty even- maybe they were conference numbers?

When I looked them up... holy cats!

OK baseball: 41 home runs in 339 innings (innings pitched)
OK softball: 111 home runs in 214 innings.

That is absolutely unreal. Alo and Jennings good for 45 of those.

Pass that big platter of crow, lol
Yeah 1 every 2 innings vs 1 every 8.5 innings..close to the same rate 😂 I've listened to/watched a bunch of their games. You go take a sh&* and you miss 2 HR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802