Oklahoma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
@pattar I’ll just edit to avoid another post. I knew they were fearsome but I didn’t know how dominant they are.

Oklahoma is kind of a glimpse of what teams will be in the future when the portal is where coaches REALLY recruit players.

Jun 8, 2016
Oklahoma is kind of a glimpse of what teams will be in the future when the portal is where coaches REALLY recruit players.
I am sure Gasso will get her lefty stud from the portal for next year. They won't have any LH pitchers next year and their top recruit, Bahl, is RH. Can't have that.. when is the last time they had a RH ace? :p

Nov 25, 2012
USA
It was a graphic in the Georgia/Ok game. What I *remember* is that they were pretty even- maybe they were conference numbers?

When I looked them up... holy cats!

OK baseball: 41 home runs in 339 innings (innings pitched)
OK softball: 111 home runs in 214 innings.

That is absolutely unreal. Alo and Jennings good for 45 of those.

Pass that big platter of crow, lol
LOL. No worries. May have been conference or something but to your point.....The OU softball team can hit. Better than any OU softball team that I have seen in awhile for sure. But, you never know when a GA will sneak up. Although, I think OU takes anyone in a series. But then you have the CWS and it is up for grabs. Hope to get tix and will buy anyone from DFP a beer if you meet me there. Likely buy you 2 or more :ROFLMAO:

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I am sure Gasso will get her lefty stud from the portal for next year. They won't have any LH pitchers next year and their top recruit, Bahl, is RH. Can't have that.. when is the last time they had a RH ace? :p
she will find her. she always does!

May 16, 2016
During a conversation about "hot" bats and stronger players the other day I made a statement. I thought that fences should be moved back to 225-230 but are we looking at 250?

They are not going to move the fences back... Too expensive. Many urban university stadiums are squeezed in place as it is now, and don't have room to make the field larger Even Universities with land, may have a building or other sport fields sitting beyond the outfield fence that would prevent extending the field.

Easier to make the fences taller... or (more likely) regulate the bats so they are not as "Hot".

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Not that athletes in the past didn't work hard but the advancements in training players have available today has taken them to another level. I would guarantee the percentage of them getting private lessons has skyrocketed the last 15 years. Add in strength and conditioning and the great hitters from the past are now great hitters with a lot of strength.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
OU now has 112 homers in 44 games. I don't know what the record is, but Hawaii had 158 homers in 66 games in 2010.

I do worry that hitters are getting so good that they're going to overpower the game. I can see it becoming like MLB, only much more drastic, with entire lineups of players hitting 20+ homers in 60 games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802