Oklahoma Hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
the hands are active from the start. that makes the ‘swing’ go. The first goal is ‘get on top’... the ‘floating’ of the hands so to speak. That’s why the feel and real is swing down. That’s the link. from there they launch the swing.

the swing works the same way north/south as it does east/west. If your constantly attacking from outside the ball, that’s not good. if your always attacking from underneath, that’s not good either. So pros set the back arm pretty tight to stay inside and get above the ball from the start of the sequence to stay on top. So they must swing down to multitude of degrees.
pay attention to the shoulder tilt.

Doing a bit of thread resurrection here. My DD was at practice this evening and they were using the Swingrail hitting aide. I noticed how they had to move, especially the hand path, for the Swingrail to work as intended. It was really an aha moment for me and I can see what you are talking about with regards to "swing down" and how it works in relation with the shoulder tilt.

Always a great feeling when after all these years you can still learn something.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Doing a bit of thread resurrection here. My DD was at practice this evening and they were using the Swingrail hitting aide. I noticed how they had to move, especially the hand path, for the Swingrail to work as intended. It was really an aha moment for me and I can see what you are talking about with regards to "swing down" and how it works in relation with the shoulder tilt.

Always a great feeling when after all these years you can still learn something.
Do you think you can still have bat drag with the Swingrail? Seems like it helps keep hands close to shoulder but may not address lag. just curious. :unsure:thanks.

Apr 12, 2015
Do you think you can still have bat drag with the Swingrail? Seems like it helps keep hands close to shoulder but may not address lag. just curious. :unsure:thanks.

Again, I'm very much a newbie in regards to technical hitting. So, from my limited understanding, it helps correct hand and barrel path problems, particularly casting.

But I'm far from an expert on the topic.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The thing everyone needs to see from the OU hitters is the front foot up while pitcher has ball and control of the stride with the back leg. I think working on this will benefit all DDs greatly

Cornbread, just because it's your pattern of choice doesn't make it correct.. The rear leg/hip is important (fyb) but trying to control the move out with the rear leg prevents the use of the lead side. Feel free to rob your student of being an athlete but stop leading others with the narrative.

Not what's happening here.

sXPb07L.gif

F5Knp21.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Cornbread, just because it's your pattern of choice doesn't make it correct.. The rear leg/hip is important (fyb) but trying to control the move out with the rear leg prevents the use of the lead side. Feel free to rob your student of being an athlete but stop leading others with the narrative.

Not what's happening here.

sXPb07L.gif

F5Knp21.gif
She turned it forward on that one!

Reactions: TDS
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
What I would like to see, which we never are privvy to, is what type of instruction these players had when they were growing up.
Sluggers don't receive instruction growing up. Everyone is afraid to touch them.

They hear the other kids coaches talk about hands to the ball, and they think they do it.

What grown slugger was not a slugger as a kid?

Hitting instruction is so bad, that (almost) nobody becomes a slugger out of nowhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802