Oklahoma Hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
No, I really don't. They look pretty darn close to opposite to me, lol.

I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm pretty dense when it comes to swing mechanics, but I just can't see similarity in barrel or hand path.
pay attention to the shoulder tilt.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn, do you see Richards pattern in these swings? What things do you see and what are you not seeing? Not an argument. I think I do see some of his pattern in OUs swings

Unfortunately they never show enough swings on replays in fastpitch. I don’t have cable, I don’t pay for commercials. I only have ESPN plus. I watched OU a few times and thought they matched Richard more than any team.

I’ll post some swings later.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
These two looks similar to me and I can see the similarities in the Oklahoma swings in them.

But I still have great trouble seeing how this movement in the gym demonstration:

Has any similarity to getting in this position:

View attachment 22501

LC is really showing her ‘feel’ of how she executes her swing. the follow through to me is for affect. Not correct. She wants to get the ‘down to’ emphasized for the clinic she is teaching at that moment imo. She’s trying to show that swinging up/level takes to long.

Aug 20, 2017
LC is really showing her ‘feel’ of how she executes her swing. the follow through to me is for affect. Not correct. She wants to get the ‘down to’ emphasized for the clinic she is teaching at that moment imo. She’s trying to show that swinging up/level takes to long.
I agree with swinging up/level takes too long. When I watch some of the OU hitters I see the shoulders getting upside down early, some during the knee lift. Bit they still had good timing consistently all season.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This is the Bonds/Yelich drill. Just missing the ball and the front toss. If she hit a ball it would go straight into home plate.

1623455475106.gif

1623455412109.gif

1623473188036.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802