Oklahoma Hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS

You just don’t get it. I want to see your philosophy on yourself or your hitters.

Bonds knew how to hit. I could care less about what you THINK is happening. I want to see your results. Show me your results if you want to engage in discussions.

I will be applying the HPL to kids this off season. I will post their progression. I just ask for you to do the same.

Shawn, I get it, as well as many others here and elsewhere who are debunking the HPL pattern as a match to the greats. Since Bonds knew how to hit maybe start listening to what he and the other high level hitters are saying.

Do you understand the mechanical advantage of beating the pitcher to his spot for the fb and sitting off-speed ? I would advice you to learn it and share with your students.

ZfgRFqF.gif

The HPL pattern works and feel free to use it.. But stop with the claims of a pattern match to what others are doing (ie, Oklahoma hitters).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
Here ya go @Shawn and @TDS, since no one seems to want to post themselves or their hitters I'll give ya one of mine from years back (2007) before I was on any of these hitting websites, and before I ever heard of "one legged", "two legged", "torso controlled with legs supporting", "HLP" or whatever other catch phrase is the rage of the day....

Which one is the FB, and which one is OS pitch?
P9LBWue.gif
BlQktPY.gif

Do these meet the "beat the pitcher to the spot" criteria?

I'll post the results of both once it's determined which is which, and why and how you reached that conclusion .

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Here ya go @Shawn and @TDS, since no one seems to want to post themselves or their hitters I'll give ya one of mine from years back (2007) before I was on any of these hitting websites, and before I ever heard of "one legged", "two legged", "torso controlled with legs supporting", "HLP" or whatever other catch phrase is the rage of the day....

P9LBWue.gif
BlQktPY.gif

I'll post the results of both once it's determined which is which, and why and how you reached that conclusion .

No

Aug 1, 2019
Friendly banter/teasing is part of DFP...🤷🏽‍♂️ Feel free to scroll on by if it bothers you so much. In all seriousness this little thing we have going is more of a drag on the site than anything else so I am going to stop engaging in it (not with you because I am really not bothered by you personally).
Really wasn't part of DFP years ago but unfortunately has turned this way thanks or no thanks to many who offer nothing. They found this site and have a DD that plays so their opinion must count for something right?? So why not share it and share it 10 to 20 times a day. Most (not all) of the softball experts were turned off to the meaningless comments from so many who just want to share their thoughts on something they know nothing about. Very few experts here anymore and that really stinks.

That said Pattar. I appreciate your acknowledgement of how this is a drag on this site. It is and has been for awhile now. As I said earlier, provide value or just don't say anything. Come here to learn or share what you may have learned but outside that,... your constant banter is worthless and does nothing to help anyone. This is not REDDIT! Not a place just to jab at people which many here think it is.
All that said, you said you are going to stop engaging and that is the best thing you have stated since you joined. You should but I encourage you to to "engage" when you have something of value to say. If it might help someone get their DD better then I would encourage you to speak up and share your thoughts. THAT is what this site is all about. It is not REDDIT it is DFP and depending on the moves (statements) that you and others make moving forward will determine the direction this site goes. IMHO....it is headed in the wrong direction but a U turn is at the next corner if we all realize why we are here.

Lastly, I do appreciate your post. I too will not engage with you if you provide value. I know you have some and you are not just here to boost your number of comments (I really think you may have broken the record....for real). I will continue to be better and it sounds like you will too.

And I hate to go down this path as it literally breaks my heart but if you really want to be apart of this site....please acknowledge the ones we lost. You have many comments so I know you read everything and don't miss much but you never acknowledged the recent comments someone postesd about the young DD that @Megobee lost. MANY posted in support and grievence yet you and a few others said nothing. Not a knock but that is what this site is all about. We are not selfish, we are here to help others, you just have to change your mindset a bit.

I wish you well and ask you to please take this into consideration. I don't want to see you go anywhere, I just want you to think about why you are here.

May 11, 2014

P9LBWue.gif
BlQktPY.gif

Tettleton or carew? Both started from this position or at least close to it

Apr 11, 2015
Tettleton or carew? Both started from this position or at least close to it
He was an Albert Pujols fan back in the day, so it was a modified stance/load from this...
300px-Albert_Pujols_stance.jpg

Yes, I know Albert transitioned out of the above differently, but what was shown in the two above gifs worked for him exceptionally well so we stuck with it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812