Oklahoma Hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
One thing that really stuck out to me was OU hitters timing. They all get the front foot up early and look to be able to allow the ball to get deep. Just an observation. They do a lot of the HLP stuff imo

Jul 5, 2016
Oklahoma recipe - start with talented batters and coach them well ...

Alo got a homer yesterday on a good pitch. What do you do about that short of walking her every time.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Actually I see it much differently. they have perfected ’swing down’. They have always done it.

this is much better now.

View attachment 22478

View attachment 22479

Yep !! While also beating the pitcher the their position of leverage..

F5Knp21.gif

zHC3B7W.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Before we start heaping praise on the hitting coach, JT Gasso tried to change Alo's swing after her freshmen year. She called Lauren Chamberlain and told her she was lost and had forgot how to hit and Chamberlain told her to not listen to JT. I've heard other stories too..

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Whenever these examples are posted where someone is doing a demonstration of the hands and the "hit down," what is almost always missing is the pelvic tilt to lateral tilt. The hand path of the demonstration in the gym and the posted swing are not the same. If you have seen the demonstration of Pujols from MLB Station and then look at his game swings, that is what is missing there as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2