Official Scoring Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2014
2 outs. DD hits grand slam. The girl in front of her jumps over home plate during celebration. Ump was standing right there. Catchers father tell her to touch home plate when Ump gives her ball. I no its an out but what's the official scoring for DD's hit? Just curious.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
The batter will not score because a preceding runner was ruled out for missing a base for the 3rd out of the inning. If any of the runners would have missed the FIRST BASE they were advancing to (a force out) NONE of the runs would have scored.

May 6, 2015
this is why I do not like the team coming out of the dugout to crowd around HP when someone hits a HR. give the BRs and batter some room, to make certain the umpire sees them touch the plate (and hopefully withouot a lot of them jumping around, all the BR do remember to touch HP).

Jun 11, 2013
Assuming you mean the runner that started on first miss HP I would rule it a Double 2 runs.

Not that it matters but I would wonder if the game was tied 2-2 would the final score be 3-2 or 4-2.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
Assuming you mean the runner that started on first miss HP I would rule it a Double 2 runs.

Not that it matters but I would wonder if the game was tied 2-2 would the final score be 3-2 or 4-2.

I think it's 4-2 because the ball cleared the fence, but that's an interesting question now that it's become a fence-clearing double. Hmmmmmmmm

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
2 outs. DD hits grand slam. The girl in front of her jumps over home plate during celebration. Ump was standing right there. Catchers father tell her to touch home plate when Ump gives her ball. I no its an out but what's the official scoring for DD's hit? Just curious.

What was the timing of this? Had your DD scored already? Did the runner have a chance to retouch the base? Had the dust settled and play was about to resume?

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
HR, 2 RBI DD's run will also not score.

It wouldn't be a home run. I think it'd probably be scored a triple, since that's the last base the batter touched (her touching home effectively is erased when they appeal the out for the girl who missed).

I don't think it's any different than Robin Ventura's grand slam single, which was officially a single, not a home run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood