Odicci Alexander...best play I've ever seen

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I find the whole “rooting for the underdog” thing interesting. Do people do it because they view themselves as underdogs and watching an underdog succeed gives them some hope to be able to change things they don’t like in their life?

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I find the whole “rooting for the underdog” thing interesting. Do people do it because they view themselves as underdogs and watching an underdog succeed gives them some hope to be able to change things they don’t like in their life?

Yep, sounds about right. Sometimes someone has to kick sand at the big bad bully and win. The sandbox is a dangerous place.

Jul 5, 2016
I like Alabama, but watching Alabama lately has been like watching a combine level cornfields.

JMU, on the other hand, has just played through two games where the game was anybody's to win or lose up to the last pitch. It seems like JMU is displaying more of what we want competitions to be about - players leaving everything on the field.

Jun 8, 2016
Yep, sounds about right. Sometimes someone has to kick sand at the big bad bully and win. The sandbox is a dangerous place.
Cute..Not sure I would classify college kids as big bad bullies and no professional athlete making millions is an underdog unless you are making a living handicapping games...

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Cute..Not sure I would classify college kids as big bad bullies and no professional athlete making millions is an underdog unless you are making a living handicapping games...
"Cute" that's what I was going for!!! 😁

I think for a lot of people, me included, the underdog is an easy choice. Sure there is some kind of psychology behind it, but who knows. It's fun to root for the underdog who wasn't supposed to be there when the big spoiled brats who walked out cause they weren't seeded as high as they thought they deserved are watching from home. (sorry had to make a UW dig, again being "cute")

Apr 1, 2017
In this case, the “non P-5” definitely comes into play. In the last coaches poll, JMU was ranked 22, Georgia was “also receiving votes”. But if Georgia somehow makes a run through the losers bracket, you will still hear “underdog” JMU tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee