Odicci Alexander...best play I've ever seen

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I mean it was kind of like the Derek Jeter cutoff play..big moment, hustle. In terms of difficulty diving plays in the MI are more difficult (as one example of many..)

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
That was pure determination. She was NOT going to lose that game! DH and I were screaming at the TV and losing our minds. What a baller!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
40+ years of watching softball, Alexander's play at home is the single best play I've ever seen.

Never seen anything like that before...
It was pretty special. I think it was Amanda that said the same. Kid is a BALLER!!!

Dec 11, 2010
Incredible.

The will to win on display.

(I usually despise that kind of dopey prose.)

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I mean it was kind of like the Derek Jeter cutoff play..big moment, hustle. In terms of difficulty diving plays in the MI are more difficult (as one example of many..)

I’m not going to disagree. But I think in terms of the moment and magnitude of the play this is a standout. Especially because a pitcher made it.

Maybe it’s the hockey player in me. But if I see a skill position player sell out like this.....I’m amped up as a teammate.

End of the day it was just a great play during a key moment to maintain the lead.

Jun 8, 2016
I’m not going to disagree. But I think in terms of the moment and magnitude of the play this is a standout. Especially because a pitcher made it.

Maybe it’s the hockey player in me. But if I see a skill position player sell out like this.....I’m amped up as a teammate.

End of the day it was just a great play during a key moment to maintain the lead.
Yeah I mentioned the moment..she is a good athlete. Not sure why you bunt it right back to her if that was the intent.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Yeah I mentioned the moment..she is a good athlete. Not sure why you bunt it right back to her if that was the intent.

Yup. Sorry. Was a poorly written response basically agreeing with you.

Definitely not an ideal bunt for the play. But, if she chooses to try and flip it to the catcher versus what she did....different outcome.

You’re right. Maybe try to bunt that down the first base line instead.

Jun 8, 2016
Definitely not an ideal bunt for the play. But, if she chooses to try and flip it to the catcher versus what she did....different outcome.
Right, she did what an athlete would do..you don't necessarily see a lot of those on the mound at the highest levels of softball ;)

Jul 5, 2016
Hoping she is okay. You could see her grimace in pain when she hit the dirt. At least she has a day off today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45