No Stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Shawn, watch her start to swing before she ‘sits’. Watch the middle shift or sit while she is swinging. That’s not leveraged. You MUST leverage the middle first.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Falling (sitting) into the legs creates leverage against the middle getting stretched.

mvZpqjg.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not adding much at this point. She just started trying this out. That being said, what I see imo when it comes to no stride is that it requires (maybe not the right word) more of a FBC type of movement pattern. Not trying to start any debates if that is right or wrong, just what I see from all the players I've watched, and whether that is MLB or Fastpitch also me trying to perform a no stride myself. Whether that's from the middle or rear leg, 2 leg, hard to tell imo and not realling looking to debate it. 1 thing for certain it cannot just be the shoulders or hands, which is really not FBC. She is going to have to find how much FBC and negative move etc. that works best for her at the moment.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
DD was a no stride hitter.

Watched all the videos in this post and each thier own, I think all the videos were differnt approachs.

Watch thier front heal, that is the key IMO.
At this point in the game, being this new to her, not trying to do much other than let her hit and watch a few point of the swing. Not trying to do major surgery on something that is just being learned. Thats why my OP said what are some things to possibly look for or pay attention to. The front heel is a simple one. Another one for me is not using her shoulders to initiate everything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478