"No Monthly Dues.."??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
I've seen this in a few posts about tryouts and teams looking for players (12u and 14u) and having been in TB with both DD's I can't see how that's possible without MAJOR $$ sponsors or something. Anyone been on a team with no dues? How does it work? Or is this just word smithing instead of using "fundraising"?

Just wondering...

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
The only time I've been personally around a situation like this (outside of rec ball) was because the coach didn't want to feel obligated to the parents at all.

Aug 2, 2019
I've seen this in a few posts about tryouts and teams looking for players (12u and 14u) and having been in TB with both DD's I can't see how that's possible without MAJOR $$ sponsors or something. Anyone been on a team with no dues? How does it work? Or is this just word smithing instead of using "fundraising"?

Just wondering...
Where I'm from that means, "Full payment required up front"

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Just like teams with former D1 coaches, teams with no dues usually are not very good. Sometimes it a successful business person with a DD that plays ball.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah I know of a few teams that have no dues or fees required must be nice. All donations and sponsors

Potentially a big difference between a team that is "fully funded" and one with "no monthly dues". The fully funded ones are very clear and usually very selective and highly competitive. The "no monthly dues" are just that...there's no monthly payment to an organization, but expenses are met through fundraising, an upfront payment, a "pay as we go" structure, or some combination.

May 21, 2018
A lot of the teams around my little slice of heaven are pay up front and then maybe a little bit of fundraising later in the year. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with talent level. Or maybe I'm missing something.🤔

Feb 15, 2017
Just like teams with former D1 coaches, teams with no dues usually are not very good. Sometimes it a successful business person with a DD that plays ball.
I've seen teams with no dues or very little because one of the coaches funded and I've seen a former D1 player have a team that was pretty good and funded by Rawlings.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28