No competitive drive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lol..some players unfortunately do that too.

When I was coaching 12U, I had a couple of conversations with players about this issue. One particular momma-bear didn't like that I advised her princess that it was not okay to throw her helmet in the dugout when she was subbed for.

Jun 8, 2016
When I was coaching 12U, I had a couple of conversations with players about this issue. One particular momma-bear didn't like that I advised her princess that it was not okay to throw her helmet in the dugout when she was subbed for.
Marcela has only had 1 teammate throughout the years who has done this sort of stuff. The action itself was bad enough but with this particular player she used to bring it out on the field with her..Her father has tried to curtail it but from what I have seen (Marcela no longer plays with her) it is still an issue. She is a good kid off the field.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Marcela has only had 1 teammate throughout the years who has done this sort of stuff. The action itself was bad enough but with this particular player she used to bring it out on the field with her..

Players like that are frustrating. It's selfish and harms the team.

Jun 8, 2016
Players like that are frustrating. It's selfish and harms the team.
Yes, like I said in my edit, her father has tried all sorts of things to curtail it, to no avail it appears. Heck, he even had her talk to an expert about what being so hard on yourself eventually does to you.. :rolleyes:

Oct 3, 2019
Looks like you've backed off on blaming her travel ball coach for wanting his team to prepare for college goals. Must be grandmother gained some perspective to evaluate her granddaughter.
Haven't backed off at all. There are still girls on the team that don't want to play in college. My granddaughter just didn't align with that philosophy and so excused herself, didn't mean she's not preparing for her college goals. She's playing high school ball for now and I hope she chooses to play travel again, maybe with a team that inspires girls to continue playing. Her travel coaches were women btw. Women coach softball too you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28