No Big 10 tournament…

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I don't know, but it seems to me the Big 10 just drops the ball on softball on every occasion. They can't even put their games or highlights on Youtube.

I'm a fan of a Big 10 school and I wanted to attend a Big 10 school (Penn State) for as long as I can remember. But it seems like if your sport isn't football or men's basketball, it don't seem to matter much because we are so behind the times. And...they've even messed up their cash cow sports.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Not sure, but I suspect this has to do with the BTN.

Probably right, but the Pac-12 also has their own network, yet my family watched Washington vs Stanford shortly after the game was completed on YouTube. The point being the BTN is hurting the Big 10 with any set or rules or decisions not to make more content available, not helping it.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I'm a fan of a Big 10 school and I wanted to attend a Big 10 school (Penn State) for as long as I can remember. But it seems like if your sport isn't football or men's basketball, it don't seem to matter much because we are so behind the times. And...they've even messed up their cash cow sports.

I'm also a big Penn State fan and I'd be thrilled if my youngest DD went there (she has some interest). It drives me nuts that there is close to zero content available online regarding their softball team.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
I didn't realize until now that the Big Ten was playing only intra-conference games this year. There is no way to gauge the strength of the Big Ten without inter-conference games, and the human polls aren't giving the conference any benefit of the doubt. So I assume no Big Ten team will host a regional, and I can't see any of them advancing beyond next week.

Nov 18, 2013
I think the B1G determined not to hold a post season tourney back around the same time they chose to ban out of conference games. Both were dumb knee jerk reactions.

I felt like throwing something at my TV when the NCAA committe rep said they didn’t want to punish schools (The B1G) for not playing a full schedule. That makes sense. Punish the schools who did play full schedules instead. Minnesota and especially Northwestern have no business playing in the tourney this year. Gophers had a borderline #40 RPI and closed out the season with a loss to #250 Penn State. Northwestern had an RPI of 64! I’ve never seen a team that high get in without winning a conference tourney.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279